View Full Version : Tolerance built to Ambien

LaVieEnRose
10-27-10, 03:18 AM
I've been taking zolpiderm 10mg for about a year.

Tried Ambien CR and it was as if I hadn't taken anything!

Should I try Lunesta?

Tried Lorazepam, at 3 mg with zolpiderm, and now it's just not cutting it! *sigh*

Thanks

dual36
11-04-10, 02:45 PM
hmm have u tried hydroxyzine??? Its like a mild tranquilzer+mild anexity. It might help u for sleep and isnt addictive or dangerous. I had it for my sleepin problem a while back. Then i moved up to ambien. U should ask ur doc bout it.

johnnyc00
05-09-11, 08:57 PM
When I was prescribed it even at normal doses tolerance built up in a matter of days. And Ambien is one of those drugs where their generics suck ***. What I dont understand is why doctors prescribe a benzo and ambien toghether. Mine did and I am 99% sure there is a cross tolerance. If I had taken a benzo even a week prior to taking Ambien, I wouldn't feel a single thing. It sucks because Ambien is awesome for sleep, in my opinion. Unlike benzos and other sedatives I find drugs like Ambien and Lunesta to not cause drowsiness, it just makes you able to go to sleep if you try which means no oversleeping or trouble waking up in the morning.

s10sleeper
07-28-11, 01:57 AM
I have been on Ambien for a couple of years. What I have found in order for it to continue working is to take a couple of weeks off of it whenever possible. Another thing that I do is I take about 12 mg of melatonin about 45 minutes to an hour before taking it.

One thing to make certain of is not to eat for at least 3 hours before taking it and not to eat after. I find that part hard as I get very hungry on it, but fight it as much as I can. By taking that time off it has helped me prevent a tolerance to it.

jpoker27
03-08-12, 04:09 AM
whaaat? withdrawal? i've been taking ambien everynight for at least 6 years and over the holidays i ran outta refills and didnt think much about it, i stopped taking it for about 4 or 5 days, all i remember was the first night i kinda tossed and turned till 2 in the morning but then fell asleep. The next night i was tired and fell right asleep. And I have been on 10mg everynight for years now, and before that took 1mg of xanax everynight for over a year. Maybe I'm just different, but when I think of withdrawal, I think of drug addicts sweating, shaking and pale. I do admit that im a little more alert as to when 5 months is up to prevent running out of refills but I dont remember being uncomfortable the few days I didn't take it. Just the first night.