View Full Version : Clonopin

den4
10-28-10, 02:21 AM
Okay so I've been taking Clonopin for the past 7 years. Never had any bad side effects with it, and took a low dosage of 0.5 to 1mg. Then I'd go back down. I'd try to take the least possible.

I noticed some people writing about it being highly addictive. I don't know about that BUT I did taper off it and actually didn't have trouble doing so. I didn't get any bad reactions but it took months to do it slowly and right. Well eventually I was perfectly fine without them for 1 month and then the social anxiety hit me again so badly.

So I started taking Clonopin again. So is it that I will never be able to live without it? Because my anxiety is unbearable. I've found out it was possibly genetic and come to terms I may have to take something like Clonopin for the rest of my life but that bothers me. Is that even safe? Also I don't understand why it took 1 month for the anxiety to hit me again. I sadly thought I was "cured".

I'm confused. & really need to talk to my doctor about it. Also I'm curious to know if my anxiety became even worse because I've taken the medication for so long? I can't exactly think and say yes because without it....back before I took anything my anxiety was hell. Way worse.

DennisSmith
12-07-10, 05:13 PM
Being totally cured from anxiety, and depression related illness is usually dependent on a set of circumstances. For instance, it is not advised to taper off of a medication unless you have reached a point of stability for a good amount of time, and you have a stable environment and so on to help you adjust for a year or so. This could relate to your job for instance. Are you still climbing the corporate latter or in between jobs? Chances are you're not gonna be in good shape as far as going off meds. It takes a long standing set of lifestyle circumstances where you are removed from emotional triggers and will be safe from them as time goes on. I'm only speaking in generalities but this is my understanding of it. I was tapering down from an SSRI and Clonopin but am still a young man whose faced with many challenging obstacles that only become much more harsh and distorted without my meds. However I am confident that a few years down the line or maybe even in my 30s I will have the comfort of a roof over my head and some money in the bank to be more able to cope with the transition.

I think the unspoken dilemma hear is your ability to sustain and afford lifelong treatment.