View Full Version : Focalin IR 3 to 4 times a day?

JodyRowe
10-28-10, 01:05 PM
Hey everybody. I'm currently on 10mg of Focalin twice a day. I'm finding it's a little too much. I'm going to talk to my doctor next week, but I wanted to ask you guys as well, does anyone take Focalin 3 or 4 times a day? I say this because I think it would benefit me taking 4 5mg pills a day insted of 2 10mg pills.

The 5mg only seems to last about an hour and a half, but it seems like the perfect dose otherwise. If I could take it every two hours I think it would work out great.

What is your experience? What do you think?

htg9
10-28-10, 07:02 PM
well..i'm on focalin for the past 3 months now and i do agree that 10 mg IR is a bit high , seriously i don't know why doctors choose to start focalin at that dosage.

I used to get the usual side effects of being on high dose such as confusion and lethargy .. the opposite of what the drug ought to do but occasionally the euphoria kicks in and i'm all cheers ; )

so i decided to reduce my dose to 5 mg and quiet honestly i dont see my self going back to 10 mg .

I used to be on Ritalin in the past i was completely complaint with it .. it provided something focalin didn't it had this antidepressant effect it made me a bit happy in a sense .

It could be due to L-Methyphenidate ,

I take my drugs Sublingual ... it last longer when you take them that way

StoicNate
10-28-10, 07:35 PM
Just take 5mg if it works for you.

The Brand Focalin works a lot better than the generic, since Teva makes the generic and has more side effects.

10mg of Focalin is about 20mg to 30mg worth of Ritalin.

Scientists say that women might get a bigger concentration of Focalin than men, which makes Focalin feel for women like it's 3 times stronger than for men.

WarriorPoet
11-25-10, 10:07 AM
All I know is that the generic focalin by Teva is garbage just like their other products. I switched to the name-brand Focalin XR and had nowhere near the negative side-effects. Unbelievable that the difference could be so noticeable..