View Full Version : exercise

kakr
10-31-10, 05:02 PM
I sometimes get into a funk where I have so little motivation to do anything. I think exercise really helps me get going, mentally. Sometimes I have a hard time even finding the motivation to exercise - and I thrive on exercise. Just kind of wondering what other people do to find motivation to exercise. Does anyone else notice a difference mentally once you exercise?

Sandy4957
10-31-10, 05:17 PM
Yes, exercise helps me a lot. Sometimes I have to force myself to do it, but it always manages to improve my focus, mood, sense of well-being, etc. I find that exercising outside is particularly invigorating. But it's hard to drag yourself out the door when it's grey and cold. Still, I get more boost from that than I do from going to a gym, even in the dead of a MN winter.

kakr
10-31-10, 05:59 PM
Thanks Sandy I totally agree with all that. I thrive on outdoor things myself. The thing with living in MN is obviously how winter has an adverse affect on my exercise. In the summer I rollerblade. Now that we are at the point where that is no longer an option, I feel my motivation go down. Have you ever done cross country skiing?

Sandy4957
11-01-10, 09:54 PM
No. I'm as uncoordinated as they come. I run or walk outside in the winter. Good gear makes all the difference.

Tara
11-03-10, 02:06 PM
Have you tried rebounding (jumping on mini trampoline)? I put one in my office and try to do just a few minutes at time when I'm in an exercise funk.

fracturedstory
11-03-10, 09:22 PM
After exercise I feel like my brain is on turbo power.
Basically if I think I haven't been active in awhile and start to feel unhealthy I'll go out and attempt 30-60 mins of exercise.

I've got a rebounder too. God I love it.

Mocodity
11-03-10, 09:54 PM
Working out at the gym and doing stuff like yoga does diddly for me psychologically. I just don't enjoy it even though they have great physical benefits.

I think I need to get back into sports.