View Full Version : You know your'e an AD/HDer when...

Nitz
11-01-10, 12:11 PM
1. You have tons of motivation to do your favorite major's homework, but simply forget about it 30 minutes later.
2. You couldv'e been a freaking Math genius if only you were able to keep track of your own thoughts.
3. You will never understand how Neurotypicals are able NOT to be distracted by the butterfly on the window, the motorcycle sound, the tree outside, etc.
4. When gathering information on something you are not interested at, it can literally bore you to death.
5. You can't finish a project without an annoying alarm/mom telling you to.
6. You can't maintain eye contact for extended periods of time, not even with people you love more than eyecontact itself.
7. Your room is always a mess, much to the horror of the NT roommates/family members.
8. Your'e over-emotional.
9. You CAN'T sit still without playing with something/shaking your arms/hands/legs/fingers/etc.
10. You're still sitting at the stop sign five minutes after the traffic has cleared and then forget which way you were going.
11. You go on the web to find an answer to help you son/sibling with his homework and two hours later you have to go and ask what you were looking for.
12. You run downstairs to get something to eat, but eventually find yourself back at your computer still hungry.
13. You're reading a book and go off on a tangent, and after you get to the end of the page, you realize you don't remember one thing you read.
14. Your 3 year old daughter/sibling is ready and waiting at the door for you to get it together.
15. You absolutely panicked in school, when your teacher would say, "Im only going to tell you the directions one time, so listen carefully".
16. You bump your head on the cabinets doors you left open.
17. Your always late and in all reality, you had plenty of time to get there.
18. You go to your neighbors to borrow something and you go home without it.
19. You know your room is messy, cant bring yourself to clean it, would love to have a clean room, but when someone starts to clean it for you- it bothers you and you tell them that you'll clean it tommorow.
20. You remember Dad's birthday is July 10th, you know today is July 10th, but you don't realise that today is Dad's birthday.
21. Your family has to point out the fact that you've worn the same clothes three days in a row.
22. You are great at remembering datas & numbers, have eidietic photographic memory, but never remember to do your *******' chores!
23. Your alarm goes off 2 hours before time.
24. Your family thinks nothing of watching you break a window to get in the house.
25. You go to an appointment 2 hours early as got times mixed up.

Add please! :D

Nitz
11-01-10, 12:49 PM
26. your mum buys you a special plug for the bath that stops you from flooding the bathroom for the umpteenth time.... and you forget to use it.
27. you arrive at the school gates after the latest hols and wonder why no-one else is there, only to find they go back tomorrow.
28. You are sure not to make the same mistake twice and end up sending them a day late, cos you were sure the monday was another teacher training day ooops.
29. once again, the two most important people in my life (My daughter and my other half) are angry with me for doing something which I had no idea would upset them. (more Asperger's-ish, but oh well...)
30. when you accidentally put your gym membership card (which you haven't got around to using for months) into the cashpoint machine by mistake, and it eats it.
31. when you have to phone the dentist/doctor yet AGAIN to ask when the appointment was, as you forgot to write it down / lost the card - and they say you've missed it.
32. when you go to your PC to look something up - and then 3 hours later realise you're still there - but have no idea of what you were looking for in the first place.
33. your few friends think you're blanking them - and telling them that you misplaced your mobile (for the umpteenth time) sounds like a lame excuse (but is actually true!).
34. your children(/baby siblings) tell you to 'grow up'.
35. you can do just about ANYTHING, if it interests you!
36. you are adaptable, creative, and intelligent. :P
37. you finally make it to your car, and then have to go back in the house 2 more times for things you forgot.
38. you lose your debit card and can't find it for days, only for it to turn up in your tracksuit bottoms when your at work and can't remember how it got there.
39. you lose your mobile phone in the house and you try to phone it with your home phone only to realise that its on slient and you can't hear it ringing.
40. you find it extremely difficult to catch public transport and end up running to the bus station and trying to get the bus to stop for you.
41. when you send your kids/siblings/youth group student on an egg hunt but even YOU cant rememeber where you have hidden the eggs!
42. when you forget to give your child a birthday present and find it in a cupboard a week late!
43. you buy a memo board to remind you about appointments etc, only to find either you forget to look at it or forget to add the information onto it!
44. You plan a weekly, autisticly-strict routine, and forget to follow it.
45. you get a letter from a dentist saying you have to pay a fine for not attending the appointment, you swear blind you never made the appointment and argue with the receptionist, protesting that there is no way would you ever make an appointment 6 months in advance, until rather embarrassingly you reach to the depths of your bag to find the appoinment card.
46. You go to put something away and on the way you see something else out of place so you stop to do that but before you can do that you see something ELSE that needs doing and the first thing never gets done and you wonder why.
47. you finish your assignment on time, yet lose 20% because you forget to hand it in in class and TWICE after the deadline (true story).
48. you buy belated birthday cards two weeks before the day.
49. You put the ice cream in the refrigerator instead of the freezer, and your spouse points it out to you later, after the ice cream has turned into liquid.
50. You usually ask yourself "WTH am I doing here?".

fropunka
11-01-10, 12:58 PM
51: You come on this forum and laugh hysterically because you realize you do the EXACT same things as everyone else!!

52. People either see you as annoying, or funny and charming

53. Sometimes when you say stuff, even you go :confused:

54. You randomly start talking about something that was discussed 3 hours ago.

55. Your socks never match

56. You always forget something when you leave the house

57. You are awesome :p

fropunka
11-01-10, 12:59 PM
58. You post in a teenage forum when you aren't a teenager because you didn't notice that part. LOL

Nitz
11-01-10, 01:24 PM
58. You post in a teenage forum when you aren't a teenager because you didn't notice that part. LOL
XD
Are you a young adult at least? XD

x6eze
11-01-10, 05:27 PM
59: you only got halfway through reading the thread before posting anyways

PixiePlumber
11-01-10, 06:07 PM
60. You go to get a snack, start talking to someone in the kitchen, end up back in your room with no food.

61. You go for the second time to get some food, come back with a drink.

deathbybread
11-02-10, 09:17 AM
55. Your socks never match

HAHA I haven't worn matching socks in at least a year!

Nitz
11-02-10, 10:17 AM
60. You go to get a snack, start talking to someone in the kitchen, end up back in your room with no food.

61. You go for the second time to get some food, come back with a drink.
XD

A classic. XD

fropunka
11-02-10, 01:10 PM
XD
Are you a young adult at least? XD

LOL Not even close!! I'm 29!!

ChickenGirl
11-09-10, 07:13 PM
62. You buy a 99 of the same items on nintindogs (Pianos) intending to give them out to people you meet in bark mode before taking your ADHD meds, then after they kick in you sell 98 of them because you just realized you have only met 2 people in bark mode, and both times you arranged it.

ChickenGirl
11-09-10, 07:20 PM
59: you only got halfway through reading the thread before posting anyways

You read halfway? Wow... I generally read the first page or even half the first page and the last post, then I post. I only read the last post because I had some sad experiences with just the first page.

64. You double post because when you read more of the thread you notice you wanted to quote somebody who posted before you...

ChickenGirl
11-09-10, 11:03 PM
64. You skim through a long post on the forum, then feel guilty when you see the words "I know this is a long post, but please stay with me" in the middle.

Nitz
11-11-10, 05:34 PM
You read halfway? Wow... I generally read the first page or even half the first page and the last post, then I post. I only read the last post because I had some sad experiences with just the first page.

64. You double post because when you read more of the thread you notice you wanted to quote somebody who posted before you...
ALWAYS happens to me. XD

stef
11-11-10, 05:56 PM
65. you have a brilliant idea to post, skim down to the end of the thread, and have no idea what it was anymore.

ChickenGirl
11-11-10, 06:58 PM
66. your counting ability seems to be non-existant (Read my posts. 2 posts with #64?)

shysmile
11-13-10, 03:52 PM
67. You laugh at something funny in a group and everyone else finishes laughing before you do and you have to pretend you're done laughing too just so people don't give you weird looks. :p

Nitz
11-14-10, 12:26 PM
65. you have a brilliant idea to post, skim down to the end of the thread, and have no idea what it was anymore.
Oh FSM, this one ALWAYS happens to me. ><

sixam
11-14-10, 05:49 PM
66. your counting ability seems to be non-existant (Read my posts. 2 posts with #64?)

Lol, so true xP.

68) You find the bubbles in an experiment in Chem. class more interesting than the experiment itself.

itsanADHDthing
11-14-10, 09:13 PM
69) you are always 10 mins behind in coversation.

70) shiny things are amazing.

71) you start doing something, really get into, get it half-3/4 done, get distracted and lose everything you have had in mind and don't care to do it anymore!

73) you start a deep conversation, the other person starts talking. 15 mins later you realize your just now zoning back in and have had NO clue what they said.

itsanADHDthing
11-16-10, 12:47 AM
74. Anyone has ever told you that your mind goes a mile a minute.

sixam
11-16-10, 02:13 AM
75. You start watching a film... And find yourself, a quarter of an hour later, looking outside the window, subconsciously, watching the trees' leaves fall down.

Fingrin
11-16-10, 04:53 PM
But shiny things really ARE amazing!

sixam
11-16-10, 07:55 PM
76. You suck at Geometry.

sixam
11-16-10, 08:29 PM
77. Even though you have a high IQ, you still don't know why the area of a triangle is 1/2 bh.

sixam
11-18-10, 02:22 PM
Sorry for chain post... the fact that we can't seem to edit our posts isn't the best idea (in my opinion).

78. You can't seem to zip your zippers and you get reminded-- quite embarrassingly-- to zip them.

Impulsory
11-18-10, 02:54 PM
79. You find your self waking into your 3rd grade teachers class room when your in the 4th grade

Ahh good memorize

itsanADHDthing
11-18-10, 07:30 PM
80. Your headed somewhere than totally forget where your going, than stand there thinking about it, get distracted, than go elsewhere than remember your original destination 30 mins later when you need it.

Morrissey
11-19-10, 10:05 PM
81. Okay I'll be sure to go to bed no later than 10:30pm tonight!....12:00am comes, ah damn it!

nova2012
11-20-10, 06:27 PM
81. Okay I'll be sure to go to bed no later than 10:30pm tonight!....12:00am comes, ah damn it!

Or, in my case, 3am. :eek:

I'm not a teen anymore, but I had to comment. :)

stef
11-21-10, 06:30 PM
Or, in my case, 3am. :eek:

I'm not a teen anymore, but I had to comment. :)

well either am I; but I am just getting into things online and I'm supposed to be in bed in 5 minutes :confused:

as long as I'm here

#81: waiting to take down the recycling until the pizza in the oven is practically done (on purpose, it was kind of a challenge!)

itsanADHDthing
11-22-10, 01:15 AM
82. you go online to look at one specific thread, look at another, follow a link, click on other links, get distracted. you find yourself 4 hours past your bedtime switching back and forth between algorithms and funny t shirts

Nitz
01-13-11, 05:01 PM
82. you go online to look at one specific thread, look at another, follow a link, click on other links, get distracted. you find yourself 4 hours past your bedtime switching back and forth between algorithms and funny t shirts
Welcome to my life. :D
83. When after 6 months of being in a relationship with someone on the autistic spectrum, you brag about being more relatively interested in YOUR singular special interest(AKA obsession/the only thing you can willingly focus on for more than 5 mins) than (s)he is in his/hers.....it DOES count when everything else BORES you to DEATH! :p

sighduck
01-16-11, 09:41 AM
84) you Can meet someone, fall deeply in love, marry, fight, hate, and divorce,
all in about 35 minutes or less.

85) you Can see all of your worldly possessions at one time...because they
are all over the floor

86) you Make far reaching analogies that no one else understands. Write
them off as "Deep Thoughts"

87) you have The mind of a supercomputer--with only 2 Megs of RAM

88) you are Able to tie seemingly unrelated ideas together

89)you Honestly believe that anything is possible

90) you are Willing to "step out on faith"

91) you have A greater tolerance for "Chaos"

92) you Provide job security for writers of Spell Check programs

Nitz
01-27-11, 08:57 AM
84) you Can meet someone, fall deeply in love, marry, fight, hate, and divorce,
all in about 35 minutes or less.

85) you Can see all of your worldly possessions at one time...because they
are all over the floor

86) you Make far reaching analogies that no one else understands. Write
them off as "Deep Thoughts"

87) you have The mind of a supercomputer--with only 2 Megs of RAM

88) you are Able to tie seemingly unrelated ideas together

89)you Honestly believe that anything is possible

90) you are Willing to "step out on faith"

91) you have A greater tolerance for "Chaos"

92) you Provide job security for writers of Spell Check programs

OMFG 85, 86, 88, 89, 90, & 91 is ME!!!

adrenalinefix36
01-28-11, 03:33 AM
93)You make posts without having the patience but to read part of the first page.
94)You get so hyper at times that you dance around the rooms to calm yourself down.
95)You get so hyper that you realize that you should remove yourself from other people to not annoy them.
96) You have clear cut feelings one moment and then change your stance you thought you were sure of instantly.
97) You get to a point every day where you just have no clue what's going on, even with meds. You think back what happened during the day but realize that you didn't really learn anything because you were spacing out so much.
98) You can go for an 8 mile run and still be hyper afterwards.
99) You may feel a little tired but you can easily entertain yourself until 4 in the morning on the internet out of restlessness. :):):):)

hypergirl96
01-29-11, 10:54 PM
93)You make posts without having the patience but to read part of the first page.
94)You get so hyper at times that you dance around the rooms to calm yourself down.
95)You get so hyper that you realize that you should remove yourself from other people to not annoy them.
96) You have clear cut feelings one moment and then change your stance you thought you were sure of instantly.
97) You get to a point every day where you just have no clue what's going on, even with meds. You think back what happened during the day but realize that you didn't really learn anything because you were spacing out so much.
99) You may feel a little tired but you can easily entertain yourself until 4 in the morning on the internet out of restlessness. :):):):)

wow, that described me perfectly. lol. except i dont take meds :D i usually end up posting someone else has already posted. lol :D

anonymouslyadd
01-30-11, 12:13 AM
100. when you are constantly doing something with you hands

I hope I'm not messing this up!:(

Nikki_89
01-30-11, 02:05 AM
101.You've missed so many doctor and dentist apointments that they all refuse to see you anymore because they know you'll forget to come to your next apointment.

102.You buy an apointment book to carry around with you so you dont forget things then you lose the book.

103.In school your teachers call your bookbag the blackhole because they watch you put your things in it but the next day in class they see you ripping your bag apart trying to find the homework that you KNOW you put it there.

sighduck
02-01-11, 07:02 AM
104) you boil the kettle 4 times to make one cup of coffee, because every time you boil it you go do something else and forget about the kettle

105) you find that your instant coffee is rock solid, and your milk is sour, because last night you put the coffee in the fridge and the milk in the pantry...

sarek
02-01-11, 07:53 AM
106) You are afraid to post in this thread because:

106a) You don't know if someone else has already posted the same thing

106b) That someone could be you

PixiePlumber
02-01-11, 08:12 AM
107. When you say something awkward before it registers that you say anything.

My male friend: (had been talking about getting food out earlier) "Hey so are you up for Steak Club tonight?"

Me: "Yeah, just invite some others otherwise it'll be weird"

A. It wouldn't be weird anyway
B. He was probs gonna invite others
C. If he doesn't it'll be weird now XD

Nitz
02-03-11, 06:34 AM
94, 95, 97, AND 99 is my everyday life. :eek:

108) When you obsess over a thread, unless they have E-mail alerts to keep track on it, you have to comment everytime you finish reading the latest posts otherwise you'll get lost.
109) Your memory is 90% visual yet you still get lost in weekly comics unless you change your favorites to the last page you read.

raff192
02-05-11, 04:49 AM
110) You actually read about 10 or 15 post before deciding you wanted to post something yourself... clicked on last page and stop in the middle of writing the post because someone mig

anonymouslyadd
02-05-11, 05:00 AM
You're up at 4 A.M.