View Full Version : Does anyone else do this?

ChickenGirl
11-05-10, 05:20 PM
Or is it just me? When I am about to go somewhere I sometimes feel a rush of adrenaline and think, "Have I forgotten anything important?!?" when I get there.
It never lasts long, and chances are I have forgotten something. The odd thing is, it never happens shortly before I go somewhere, only when I get there and I can't go back. Do other people do this, or am I just the odd one?

itsanADHDthing
11-05-10, 05:51 PM
I do it too!

Most of the time I usually didnt forget anything but since I can't remember what I didn't forget I forget about it entirely

If that made anysense (:

ChickenGirl
11-05-10, 06:19 PM
I do it too!

Most of the time I usually didnt forget anything but since I can't remember what I didn't forget I forget about it entirely

If that made anysense (:

Made sense to me! I don't usually remember what I forgot until I need what I forgotten, not during the adrenaline rush. I just calm down and check my purse just in case. It happens when I throw something away too, I think "Am I throwing away something important?" then mentally check what I just threw away.

I wonder if this is my mind's way of trying to cope with ADHD (trying to remember what I forgot THIS time) or if it is OCD... Or maybe both combined.