View Full Version : Knitters!

ChickenGirl
11-05-10, 09:49 PM
Knitting is a great way to pass the time, or do while you do something else like watch TV. I am currently working on my first hat (I have been wanting circular needles for a long time). Anyone else knit?

CrazyTN
11-05-10, 09:59 PM
I love to knit but I don't do complicated things. Mostly it's just knit stitch on both sides just to keep me busy. Circulars are awsome, it is very difficult working with 4 straight needles. I have tried making a sock. Of course I bought the wrong yarn so it didn't come out right. It fit, but it wasn't stretchy or even comfortable.

I also crochet. I think I like to crochet more than knit. Made lots of prayer shawls and scarves with different stitches. And I read ALOT. It's rare that I'm without a book.

RedHairedWitch
11-06-10, 12:00 AM
I crochet. Knitting makes my brain hurt.

I have recently started hand spinning with a drop spindle. Its very addictive.

PixiePlumber
11-06-10, 05:58 AM
I crochet too! I've been trying to make a new hat but I just can't pick it up again, I've got a sock monkey kit so that's become this weekend's obsession :)

Flia
11-06-10, 10:08 AM
I do both. To me it's an anxiety reliever. It makes me calm.

ChickenGirl
11-06-10, 12:19 PM
I only know how to knit, but I want to learn to crochet! Thus far I only use a crochet needle to pick up dropped stitches and bind of...

CrazyTN
11-06-10, 02:28 PM
I find it calming also. With knitting you don't really have to pay attention if you've been at it for a while. I find that I wind up just zoning out and not pay attention to anything.

Babygirlsmom
11-07-10, 01:12 PM
Knitter here. I love doing it, I can watch the kids while knitting. It's also a stress reliever for me too. I also crochet, dye yarn and spin yarn (hand spinal, saving up for a spinning wheel) - I just all around love the fiber arts!!!

CrazyTN
11-16-10, 05:18 PM
www.ravelry.com (http://www.ravelry.com) This is an awsome website. Patterns galore. Ya gotta check it out. You'll have to create an account to see the patterns but it's just awsome. For knitting and crocheting. There's even one who posts patterns under the name ADHDKnitter. She's got cool stuff.

frigg
11-16-10, 10:11 PM
I knit for sanity... and to save my poor hair from the destruction of my fidgety hands. It's so good to have a little knitting project waiting in my bag for when I have to wait for stuff or be polite and sit still while being with other people so they don't think I find them boring.. I have figured out a ton of good little projects for times like these, but knitting is especially good since it's a very mindless activity, so it's possible to focus on other things while doing it. I've read somewhere that knitting has lots in common with meditation, it makes a lot of sense to me, I'm sure it's a really good way for adhd people to meditate.

stef
11-17-10, 04:54 AM
OMG I am learning how to crochet and it is taking over my life! I haven't even turned on the computer for 2 nights now.
this is the most awesome, soothing hobby I've ever found.
they are selling these kits here, called "easy crochet" (LOL it's not "easy" at first).

So I can do 2 basic stitches, I don't know what they're called in English, and now I can finally crochet the first square of the afghan! It's a little lumpy and uneven BUT the sides have come out straight. I'll have to try again tonight.

I just can't believe you can make all of this stuff with one hook and some yarn!

dsvlil1
11-17-10, 05:07 AM
I love to knit and crochet, but being unmedicated means lot of screw ups and unfinnished projects.
Lately I've taken to loom knitting and double knitting.