View Full Version : OK, so I was watching a Lord of the Rings movie...

ChickenGirl
11-07-10, 11:17 PM
And it came to a part where one of the heros was shot by an arrow in the chest. He didn't die yet, oh no. it took four more arrows in is chest and about 15 minutes for him to get over the fact that he is about to die. Another 15 minutes later, just before he finally died,he exchanged meaningful words to his friend. I know it was supposed to be an emotionally charged moment, but all I could think was "Why has he not died yet!?! When will he die? Why don't the movie makers get to the point and just kill him now?"
It takes one arrow from the elf guy and three seconds to kill a orc. As soon as I thought that I burst out laughing. That one thought alone describes me... :rolleyes: Other than that, it was a great movie! Just had to share that with people who would understand...

danelady
11-07-10, 11:37 PM
When I watch a movie I always look at the heroine and think why doesn't my hair...makeup...clothes...skin...and armpits look and smell just as perfect as hers do even after she's finished fighting off an army of ghouls in a black water swamp?

EshkaronsEngine
11-07-10, 11:44 PM
I laughed my butt off at the theater watching Ghost. When the shadow demons came to get the dead people the sound they made was so weird. Everything about it was odd and loud guffaws were heard throughout the theater freaking out the 2 girls I went with. BTW danelady stay off the heroine.:D

danelady
11-07-10, 11:48 PM
BTW danelady stay off the heroine.:D

Maybe that's how I should go to see a movie..hopped up on pooh!

EshkaronsEngine
11-07-10, 11:50 PM
Maybe that's how I should go to see a movie..hopped up on pooh!
you're probably as tame as a shrew.

danelady
11-07-10, 11:55 PM
you're probably as tame as a shrew.

To be sure,I can be shrewish.

EshkaronsEngine
11-08-10, 12:01 AM
To be sure,I can be shrewish.
I hope you know that the shrews make great bankers. You probably have a lot of money don't u;)

danelady
11-08-10, 12:07 AM
I hope you know that the shrews make great bankers. You probably have a lot of money don't u;)

Oh yeah,I just like living in a 6x6x10' box with a great dane cause its so cozy.:p

EshkaronsEngine
11-08-10, 12:51 AM
I just noticed this is a teen thread. Sorry kids we just be playing, you can have your thread back.:rolleyes:

itsanADHDthing
11-08-10, 06:07 PM
I always nit pick movies too, pick out obscure details that are completely pointless yet always ruin the movie

ChickenGirl
11-08-10, 11:42 PM
I mean... He had FIVE arrows in him... He should have died in a few minutes, not half a hour... Other than that it was a good movie.

Speaking of nit picking... I also noticed that they could have stoped the invasion a lot easier when there was a hole in the wall. The good guys had the advantage for a few moments, only a comparitively small amount of Orcs could come through a hole compared with the amount of defenders inside it. If they rushed on them as soon as they came through, instead of shooting arrows, they might have won.

ronball
11-09-10, 12:51 AM
Its because the arrows missed vital organs. Legolas can take down orcs no problem. He has such precision and accuracy that he hits them square in the love muscle: The heart. You also have to remember something: logic doesn't apply in fantasy. Crazy kids and their hip hop music...with their hippin and a hoppin and a bippin and a bop'n.

BAM.

shysmile
11-09-10, 02:12 AM
I always nit pick movies way too much, either to myself or out loud. It's gotten to the point where I almost can't watch them anymore. :p

Unless maybe they're animated kid movies... those are allowed to get away with being unrealistic. :D

(you realize you've made me curious to watch this LOTR scene now...)

ChickenGirl
11-09-10, 06:15 PM
I am trying not to give away too much of the story... I.E. U won't tell you which movie the scene appears or who dies :P Unless you PM me.

sighduck
01-19-11, 12:06 PM
i still loved the lotr scene in the two towers (i think) where there was a maasive open feild shot and in the background u see a mini drive past

sarek
01-19-11, 04:36 PM
Mini's are magical vehicles. They are the vehicular equivalent of a Tardis. And to me they are as iconic as Tolkien himself.