View Full Version : Sensory Therapy.

fracturedstory
11-09-10, 01:15 AM
Please tell me it works.

I have had to put up with stinging skin, itchy clothes, sore eyes, constantly being called clumsy for my poor motor skills, anxiety to change, food sensitivities, hypersensitivity to noise and almost reaching breaking point when exposed to crowds or flashing lights. Actually I have reached breaking point when exposed to those things.

I really wish change didn't freak me out so much.

I really wish I could enjoy a rock concert without feeling like my head is going to explode.

I really wish I didn't become disoriented in a crowd.

I really wish I didn't lose control of my emotions.

Falling asleep one hour after going to bed would be a nice change.

So yeah, any tips would be appreciated.

Mary
11-19-10, 03:45 PM
Please tell me it works.

I have had to put up with stinging skin, itchy clothes, sore eyes, constantly being called clumsy for my poor motor skills, anxiety to change, food sensitivities, hypersensitivity to noise and almost reaching breaking point when exposed to crowds or flashing lights. Actually I have reached breaking point when exposed to those things.

/~ Find a good lotion for your stinging itchy skin. Itchy clothes.. try buying cotton, avoid starch and harsh detergents. Baby laundry soap is best... hypoallergenic.

~ Sore eyes... try cool water rinse once in a while... rest them often, especially if you're on the computer a lot.

Food~ watch out for high MSG's... which can cause a multitude of problems. Check out the nutrition section. Lots of info there about foods, etc that make you feel worse.

I really wish change didn't freak me out so much./ Change is getting harder for me as I grow older. Especially in the last 2 years. But I've lost a lot of family that made it worse.

I really wish I could enjoy a rock concert without feeling like my head is going to explode. /

I've never been to one........ I've been to some country shows, but even those can be too loud. Ear plugs are a must for me if I'm sitting close to the front.

I really wish I didn't become disoriented in a crowd. / I hate crowds. I try and shop late or on days there are fewer people in the store. My favorite time is middle of the night, but I rarely get the chance or am awake enough to do that anymore.

I really wish I didn't lose control of my emotions./ Sometimes letting go is better for us. That way it doesn't get all bottled up inside and cause a volcano that we would never be able to control. Find someone to talk things through with.

Falling asleep one hour after going to bed would be a nice change.

~ Try to avoid napping. Fresh air.... maybe an evening walk. Or an open window for a while if you can.

So yeah, any tips would be appreciated.

See above responses... and I hope it helps. Good luck.