View Full Version : "Did I take my meds??"

hmmmm
11-09-10, 07:46 AM
So every so often, I find myself on the way to work without any recollection of what I did that morning. I take Concerta 54 mg, so I can't just take another whenever I feel like it, I have to wait until I'm sure.

What do you do in this situation?

I do a couple of tests to see if it's working, such as trying to write (my handwriting is only readable on concerta) and trying to read. But once it hadn't kicked in yet, and I took another concerta and had a fast heartbeat all day which was scary, so do u have any ideas?

String
11-09-10, 01:07 PM
Well, I don't think people are allowed to carry Concerta out of the prescription bottle in every state, but from what I understand I can do it in my state (as long as I have my diagnosis and prescription with me, too). What I do is take five out every Monday and carry them in my bag. That way, if it's Wednesday and I start to wonder if I took my medication, all I have to do is check to see if there are three left. If there are three pills left, then I forgot my Wednesday dose.

I don't know what I'd do if I had to always take my medication out of the prescription bottle. Couldn't count those every day.

ADDisme2010
11-09-10, 01:18 PM
Using a weekly Pill box with the days listed on it helps me to Know IF i took my meds or not.

Spikey 723
11-09-10, 02:12 PM
Today I should have had two tablets left in the box - and they just aren't there. Don't know where I could have put them (it's impossible for someone else to have got to them).

I'm often in such a rush leaving the house - to get my son to school on time - that I forget to pick them up. Depending on the day I don't take them at home - I wait until I'm having a coffee at uni. There's many times I've had to drive back home!

Impetus
11-11-10, 02:45 AM
Using a weekly Pill box with the days listed on it helps me to Know IF i took my meds or not.

O have two pill organizers. I take adderall 2x's per day. One is in my kitchen, the other in my purse. Take morning meds, then an alarm on my phone reminds me to take again later in the day.

I organize my meds every weekend. I have an app on my phone to remind me to comlete certain tasks.

namazu
11-11-10, 03:09 AM
O have two pill organizers. I take adderall 2x's per day. One is in my kitchen, the other in my purse. Take morning meds, then an alarm on my phone reminds me to take again later in the day.

I organize my meds every weekend. I have an app on my phone to remind me to comlete certain tasks.

I do something similar. I have a weekly pill box that I fill up every Sunday morning. I actually have an explicit morning routine printed out and posted on my bathroom mirror that includes things like "go to bathroom", "brush teeth & take meds", "get dressed", etc. because I am distinctly not a morning person.

I also carry a bottle of the meds I take in the afternoon in my bag, and have an alarm on my laptop that goes off to remind me to take the afternoon dose.

The morning pills have to be a routine, I find. Otherwise I do end up forgetting and remembering (or questioning) when I'm already halfway to work and can't check the pill box. So establishing a routine of getting up, peeing, and then brushing my teeth and taking meds first thing has helped with that. It's not fail-proof, but it helps.

hmmmm
11-11-10, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the pill box idea. The problem is that I don't want to have one, for various reasons. But I guess I'll have to work on that...

Impetus
11-11-10, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the pill box idea. The problem is that I don't want to have one, for various reasons. But I guess I'll have to work on that...

can I ask why??

Amazon probably has a whole bunch of different styles and shapes.

hmmmm
11-11-10, 11:23 PM
can I ask why??

Amazon probably has a whole bunch of different styles and shapes.
I don't want to be seen with a pill thing.

You're right, that would be a good idea.

namazu
11-11-10, 11:27 PM
I don't want to be seen with a pill thing.
By whom? If you use a weekly pill box, you can leave it at home.
For travel purposes, or to take with you to work, I second the suggestion of looking for a discreet pill bottle. I use to use a mini-MagLite keychain with the battery removed. Perfect little cylinder with a screw-off base. You can get creative!

Delboy31
11-12-10, 12:40 AM
I was like you until I finally got a pill container. I do it for a whole week. My only problem is that as I take adderall 2x a day I often forget to take the second one at work. So I keep a few extras in my purse, just in case, because I leave the pill box for the week at home...knowing me, if I took it to work I'd end up losing it or leaving it somewhere...and I'd hate to have to answer questions about all the pills.

hmmmm
11-12-10, 03:14 PM
By whom? If you use a weekly pill box, you can leave it at home.
For travel purposes, or to take with you to work, I second the suggestion of looking for a discreet pill bottle. I use to use a mini-MagLite keychain with the battery removed. Perfect little cylinder with a screw-off base. You can get creative!
anyone. I guess I could leave it at home, that's a good idea.