View Full Version : Focalin XR 15mg

Caliberzzz
11-10-10, 07:39 PM
Okay i was just wondering about the feeling i had when i took my first focalin xr 15MG pill my question was i high or is this the normal feeling of Focalin XR. I took Focalin XR 15MG around 7:30a.m. and around im gunna say around 8:20 a.m. or earlier it took "effect" I became awake and very focused. my heart rate was up and it felt like i could conquer the world almost like i could tackle any problem thrown at me. It lasted about 8 hours. However since then this feeling hasnt come back Day 1 was the only day like this. So my question was i high or was that the effect of the drug and if it was why is it not like that now should i increase my dose.? Im not looking for a high but that day was the most focused day ive had in my life. Now it almost feels like nothing just more awake in a sense? It made me want to do things

WarriorPoet
11-25-10, 10:00 AM
The first dose is always the strongest, and it probably did get you a bit "high." I don't think you are supposed to really feel your ADD meds - that only happens the first few days usually. The general idea is that 3 or 4 weeks after you begin a new medication, you should be able to notice a general improvement in your daily life. You should have the ADD more under control then before you started the medication. If that isn't the case, you may need to adjust your dosage. I take Focalin XR 10mg twice a day because one pill only lasts about 6-8 hours and my day normally begins around 8:30am and ends around midnight. So if you don't notice a general improvement then talk to your doctor about adjusting your dose. Oh, and just FYI - the generic focalin IR by Teva is total garbage (like most drugs made by Teva). Stick with the name-brand Focalin XR.

JMH2106
12-05-10, 04:00 PM
I feel the same way. Mine worked like that for two weeks. Then it stopped, and life became terrible again. I never felt high, I just felt like I could do things that needed to be done, and it doesn't work anymore, Vyvanse didn't work either

Gklemme
01-15-11, 04:40 PM
I'm a freshman in college and I've been taking Focalin XR 15MG for a few years. I recently stopped taking it over my break as a test of overcoming my dependency, I wanted to break through that withdrawal phase of the first day or two without it. I've also been medicated for ADD since I was 9, and this was the longest period I'd gone without it. After overcoming that withdrawal, I remained inattentive and scattered in most areas of my life, as well as a feeling most nearly described as apathy. I realized that my medicine helps me get stuff done. I experience the "high" you speak of on a regular basis, as well as accentuated moods (highs and lows). After reading this I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor, has anybody else experienced this? And is there a healthily balanced middle ground?