View Full Version : Help with Weight

misclee
04-27-03, 08:38 PM
I really need some help with my weight. I was taking Wellbutrin for awhile...not for ADD, but for PMS...and now that I'm not on it anymore, I'm eating everything in sight. I've gained 20 lbs!

I think I have an oral fixation. When I was younger it was alcohol. I bit my nails from age 5 to 29 and still intermittantly have episodes. I always have to have something to drink (non-alcoholic) in my hand, and now it's food.

joanrdtobe
04-27-03, 08:57 PM
Misclee: My first suggestion is ditch the easter candy in your home....then start with a healthy meal for dinner...tonight...what are you having...??? No time like the present....and THEN focus on lots of fruits...and veggies and healthy snacks...in general...it's not about being on a diet...but eating healthy...we all need to eat healthy...and you can start to exercise again too....slowly....a little bit today to get started....and just ease back into it...the time goes REALLLY fast....before you know it the first pound comes off....and success....your on a roll...you've got momentum....but start with your next meal...the next meal is really all you've got for now...focus on that....and make it a healthy one.....cool? back to homework....yuck....:)

misclee
04-27-03, 09:00 PM
Yes, I will post your response on my refridgerator! My daughter won't go for me tossing her Easter candy...but maybe she can at least put it in her room. I was planning on going runnning tonite, but now it's raining.....imagine that!

;)

Thanks for your responses:)

joanrdtobe
04-27-03, 11:12 PM
Okay...sounds good....post on refrigerator....too bad it started to rain...oh well maybe tomorrow....:)

Tara
04-27-03, 11:26 PM
I always have an excuse for not going outside for a walk. It's too hot, too cold, too windy, too rainy, etc. I now have a great exerice thing (Tony Little Gazelle). So, I really don't have too many more excuses yet I still manage not to use as much as I feel I should.

misclee
05-24-03, 09:07 AM
What is that Tara?

savvygirl5000
11-18-04, 08:50 PM
Here a trick for exercising that I started over 4 years ago. I have a treadmill and I have a laptop computer. Figure out some kind of way to attach a laptop to a treadmill. And there you go. Exercise while your surfing the net. I am on my treadmill as we speak. This is the only ways i can make myself use the treadmill. I normally walk for at least an hour and sometimes two.