View Full Version : I'm desperate for some help!!

LoosingMYmind
11-16-10, 07:37 PM
Hi there, I am new to this but have read alot of posts and did find them helpful but still need some questions answered if possible.
I have a nearly 7 yr old daughter who has always been extremely difficult ( to say the least). I recently took her to my gp as I can not deal with her out of controlness any longer. He sent me to an OT which has been some what helpful and had diagnosed her with SPD. she has also recommened seeing child psych and ped. My gp has also diagnoised her with ODD. I am so desperate to get into see these people and even have the OT calling them on my behalf to stress the urgency of our situation. She is now showing signs of violence towards me and our 2 younger children (3 & 1). I have to be honest and say I am scared of her and am nervous on her arrival home from school.
I am on anti depressants and zanax to try and deal with this but I don't find I can function properly for my other 2 kids on this combo. I really believe she needs some type of medication while we deal with this but no one really seems to understand what we are going thru. Can anyone tell me if a dr will give her meds as an instant relief to help our family be happy again so we can start working on this an maybe actually see some positive results? If not what will be the procedure from here and can I insist on at least a trial of meds for her??
I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would be going thru this with my beautiful daughter but I am loosing her and it's killing me.
Sorry for babbling on. Would really love to hear what your thoughts are!
Cheers!

Arwen
01-13-11, 08:06 AM
Not sure about what meds she can be given, but definitely requires intensive therapy! Have you tried your GP who can refer you to the Child and Adolescent Mental Health service in your area? (It's a free government service)