View Full Version : Anyone used "Mindful Solutions For Adult Add/Adhd"?

fatefm
11-17-10, 05:38 PM
I have been meditating for a while and wanted to see if there were any meditation CD's, books, etc, specifically for ADHD. I cam across this CD called Mindful Solutions For Adult Add/Adhd by Lidia Zylowska.

Has anybody used it? I am mostly interested in how it is specifically catered toward ADHD. It doesn't seem to be too different to the other general Minfulness that's out there.

So, how is it different from other Mindfulness meditations? Also, if anyone has any ideas of how to tailor your meditation for ADHD I would welcome any suggestions!

APSJ
11-17-10, 08:53 PM
Having tried various methods, I found standard sitting meditation near impossible for me, but both walking meditation and tai chi were helpful, not so much with ADHD, but with stress/anxiety.

I do think my ADHD is largely why sitting meditation didn't suit me.

oldtimer
11-17-10, 10:45 PM
You ought to try harder! I think you are like me. I am hyper and don't sleep as much as I should because I am not tired at night. Alpha waves restore your concentrative powers. REM sleep and meditation produce Alpha waves. If you are hyper maybe you don't restore your concentrative powers as well as normal persons when you sleep. Meditation might give you some of what you need.

Try listening to "healing music" a sub genre of New Age Music. That can also produce Alpha waves. I don't know that I could meditate either. I don't have the focus.