View Full Version : Quick question on EKGs?

hxt1138
11-17-10, 10:28 PM
My psychiatrist wants me to have blood work, urinalysis and an electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG). My primary care doctor did one about a month an a half ago and i was wondering if anyone here knows if a PCP will be generous enough to fax over those papers(results) to a psychiatrist? What do I have to tell her or how should I go about it?

My PCP suggested a psychologist for my diagnosis and she would use his recommendations for medicines. It turned out that psyc wasn't covered by my insurance so I went ahead and looked for a psychiatrist to handle the meds. I'm not sure if this would bother a pcp doctor?

I know a clinic to get my lab work but they don't do ekg's so I would have to go to my PCP to fax or redo?

penguin
11-18-10, 12:25 AM
Hi,
Get it faxed. They might charge you $5 or $10, but they will fax it.
Signed releases, etc. It is even easier if you have a letter from psych requesting it.
Enjoy, Ken

hxt1138
11-18-10, 01:20 AM
yeah i actually do thanks for the input for some reason i had not thought about the paper with the ekg request she gave me. I just don't want to drive to the doc just to sign release forms but i'm guessing its a must.

hxt1138
11-18-10, 04:18 PM
i actually called the office of my pcp and told the secretary she was more than glad to do it, didn't charge me anything, and said she'd take care of it before my pdoc appointment. No papers no fuss this is great :).

Helloworld!
11-20-10, 11:00 AM
They should have no trouble faxing it for you, especially with a release. If they do have an issue with it for some reason, ask them to provide you with a copy and deliver they copy yourself. Those are YOUR medical records and you are allowed access to them at your request. Although having to deliver them yourself is more trouble for you, it is still better than having to redo the test.