View Full Version : Is adderal safe to take along with Desoxyn?

ADDinSRQ
11-24-10, 03:02 PM
I've been taking desoxyn for a little while, its better than adderall, but it lacks something that adderall has, little boost. I was wondering if any one has taken the two along side each other. right now I am taking 10mg of desoxyn in the morning followed by 10mg of adderall followed by a slightly less dose in the after noon. Is it safe to mix the two? They are both amphetamines, but I'm not sure if its dangerous. I don't have any negative side effects, but that doesn't always mean anything.

namazu
11-24-10, 03:20 PM
What did your doctor say about this?

(That's the place to start.)

For what it's worth, I haven't tried that particular combination, but for a while was taking a small dose of methylphenidate and a small dose of Adderall with my doctor's permission. Current doc is not in favor of mixing those two, however.

Now taking Vyvanse (lisdexamphetamine) with dextroamphetamine as prescribed (the dex kicks in more quickly), but the results are inconsistent.

ADDinSRQ
11-24-10, 03:21 PM
Just spoke with there office. He doesn't like the idea. I'm just going to have to up my dose of Desoxyn instead. I just wanted to makes sure that I haven't already done some damage that I don't know about.

namazu
11-24-10, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure if there are actual problematic interactions, or if the risk of accidental overdose is just too high when similar meds are taken together.

twinch42085
11-25-10, 08:10 AM
I've been taking desoxyn for a little while, its better than adderall, but it lacks something that adderall has, little boost. I was wondering if any one has taken the two along side each other. right now I am taking 10mg of desoxyn in the morning followed by 10mg of adderall followed by a slightly less dose in the after noon. Is it safe to mix the two? They are both amphetamines, but I'm not sure if its dangerous. I don't have any negative side effects, but that doesn't always mean anything.
The mixing of Adderall and Desoxyn is not prevalent from what I have seen. Most doctors like to stay within the same chemical structure they're treating you with.

I mix two different amphetamines. I take Adderall in the mornings and than Dexedrine in the evenings. The Adderall gives me the boost for the morning tiredness and then the Dexedrine potentiates the effectiveness of stimulating my CNS more than my PNS allowing me to maintain focus/concentration/stability/foundation etc.

Maybe Desoxyn is too much. Dexedrine "is" Desoxyn without the methyl molecule. My doctor told me this, and he said he would rather prescribe me more Dexedrine if needed than to prescribe me Desoxyn in its place.

So......Give Instant Release Dexedrine a shot.

karbouris
12-18-10, 05:29 PM
Do they even make the dex IR anymore? I was taking the spanules but they kept me up all night. I am going to see an actual physc Monday and was wondering if I should try that or Desoxyn.

namazu
12-18-10, 05:51 PM
Do they even make the dex IR anymore? I was taking the spanules but they kept me up all night. I am going to see an actual physc Monday and was wondering if I should try that or Desoxyn.
Yes, they still make (at least generic) instant-release dextroamphetamine. I know because I just filled a prescription for it!