View Full Version : What are people's experiences with Fibromyalgia?

becky99
11-26-10, 08:27 AM
My world fell apart when I developed fibromyalgia, but in developing a way to recover from it I created an amazing career helping others. My methods also aided my recovery when I had a pancreatic tumour, and a malignant melanoma. Having suffered fibromyalgia syndrome my aim is to help others recover and put the pieces of their life back together only better than it was before.

broK
07-22-11, 08:57 PM
when i was diagnosed with fibro, i was almost relieved as it answered a lot of questions. before that i was sure i was going out of my mind as nothing i was feeling or going thru made sense. having fms sure has changed my life as far as what i think is important, the plans i make, & my activity level. all are subject to change on a daily basis.
i dont like it, but thats the way it is for now.

Lunacie
07-22-11, 09:50 PM
I first developed the symptoms of Fibromyalgia in the mid to late 70's, before many doctors were considering it as a diagnosis. I remember reading about it in a magazine and thinking there really was a reason for all the aches and pains and fatigue and irritability I was experiencing. Fast forward to 2002 and my daughter got a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, symptoms very much like mine had been for so many years. However, my symptoms had abated following my divorce and reduction in stress.

I do believe it's genetic and related to Lupus, which my aunt had.