View Full Version : Help!

CareyLS
11-28-10, 10:57 AM
I was lead to this forum trying to understand why after 3 years (almost 2 years of living together) my fiance and I are having the same issues.

I was diagnosed Bipolar II about 11 years ago. I was on Effexor for the most of that time and then had Carbatrol. I was just moved onto Carbatrol because the Effexor was not doing anything for me. I was right about that but was put on Xanax for anxiety which I suffer from extremely. In fact, I take it so that I can quiet my mind and sleep.

I really want to know if the way that the fighting with the S/O has fluctuated over the past 3 years (I yell, he yells, I shut down, he yells more... finger pointing, easy to anger me, frustration resulting in my "leaving", a sense of not being understood, frustration of his not agreeing with me, the list is long and constantly changing) could be due to my BPD and ADD.

When I first started my treatment 12 years ago for major depression, I was put on Concerta. I did not use it everyday but at the same time, I am noticing that when I live with someone (family, friends or this fiance--never lived with anyone else really) the fuse is short and I tend to yell and then shut off. Is this common with ADD?

I have a common need to hyper organize with manias of cleaning (clutter makes me nervous and sitting still makes me anxious)

Does anyone else go through this? I feel massively alone and am thinking that I am supposed to live my life not in a serious relationship or live with anyone; solitary socialite.

Please, any help or insight. I am calling my psychiatrist tomorrow but want to know that this isn't just me.

mokeone11
09-29-12, 02:42 AM
You can always find a disorder to justify to make yourself feel better, but it is your conscious or unconscious actions and thoughts you need to gin control of. Practice non-reactivity, and do not judge. These get you into arguments in the first place. And what does it solve? You said it. It gets everyone who does argue nowhere. I have a ton of diagnosis including both of yours and I never do use any of them as an excuse for my actions. And I have seen great progress. You can go through life how you are living right now, or you can live I at a higher level of consciousness and peace like ever before. It takes practice to help yourself and it is long term before you see tremendous or slight results, but it sure does change your perception about things and I bet you would feel much better. Although I could go on and on giving you everything you would need to know about your situation I leave it at that. It's Tim to take responsibility for your own actions.

I was lead to this forum trying to understand why after 3 years (almost 2 years of living together) my fiance and I are having the same issues.

I was diagnosed Bipolar II about 11 years ago. I was on Effexor for the most of that time and then had Carbatrol. I was just moved onto Carbatrol because the Effexor was not doing anything for me. I was right about that but was put on Xanax for anxiety which I suffer from extremely. In fact, I take it so that I can quiet my mind and sleep.

I really want to know if the way that the fighting with the S/O has fluctuated over the past 3 years (I yell, he yells, I shut down, he yells more... finger pointing, easy to anger me, frustration resulting in my "leaving", a sense of not being understood, frustration of his not agreeing with me, the list is long and constantly changing) could be due to my BPD and ADD.

When I first started my treatment 12 years ago for major depression, I was put on Concerta. I did not use it everyday but at the same time, I am noticing that when I live with someone (family, friends or this fiance--never lived with anyone else really) the fuse is short and I tend to yell and then shut off. Is this common with ADD?

I have a common need to hyper organize with manias of cleaning (clutter makes me nervous and sitting still makes me anxious)

Does anyone else go through this? I feel massively alone and am thinking that I am supposed to live my life not in a serious relationship or live with anyone; solitary socialite.

Please, any help or insight. I am calling my psychiatrist tomorrow but want to know that this isn't just me.