View Full Version : Managing ADD and Anxiety- my happy ending!(BEGINNING)

kbomb
11-29-10, 07:27 PM
Recently, my Anxiety started to take over my entire life. My physical health started to decline at an alarming rate. My chronic back pain, gave way to Fibromyalgia, many days I could not get out of bed. PAIN EVERYWHERE. Then my digestive system became out of whack, also looking at gallbladder issues. (I also have Interstitial Cystitis, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder with Panic), oh yeah, and most recent Carpal Tunnel!!

BTW, I am only 32 years old (female).

Between the fibro pain, IC, and the add and panic attacks, I found myself on like 8 medications a day. Not too mention all of the supplements I spent a small fortune on.....desperate to feel normal, and healthy. (with fibro you feel like you have the flu, a hangover, and were hit by a car all at once)

I am into crafts and had an upcoming craft show. (last week) also the normal holiday stress, and a very demanding schedule.

Anyway, was at the store last week and had the WORST Panic attack that I have ever had, almost dialed 911 from cell!
Long story getting shorter, thank god I had an appt with my psych and let him know stress and anxiety were overcoming me and my health.

He switched me from Ativan to Klonopin. I am a whole new person. Seriously!! A decent amount of my fibro pain is even gone! And it works wonderfully with my Adderall. I cut my 1mg in half and I dont get drowsy at all! Just in a great relaxed mood all day. I do plan on being very careful with this drug, I understand the risks. HOWEVER, I feel that there are many people like myself, who suffer from add and Anxiety and face it stimulants dont necessarily HELP with anxiety symptoms!

Not saying anyone with light anxiety and or stress should consider klonopin. It is in a way heavy, and also can be terribly addicting with horrible withdrawls. However, for someone such as myself with Moderate to Severe Anxiety paired with add, I do believe this may be the perfect combo! I am praying anyway!!:) Anxiety can really cripple a person. It did me

CJBBBBB
12-01-10, 09:41 AM
You're lucky and unlucky. I'm sure you get it. Benzos can really be terribly addictive... unfortunately they make life perfect for a while :/

hollywood
12-14-10, 04:04 PM
The reward just doesnt seem like the risk would be worth it. Although I feel ya on the anxiety. I think that we with adhd have a different anxiety. It's based on the hustle and bustle and the limited time we have and then you throw in focus and ability or lack there of on a daily basis and things get ...well... screwy!

425runner
12-19-10, 12:41 PM
I totally agree with OP and others on ADD and anxiety. Before I was put on Adderall my workplace was a mess, my house was a disaster and I had panic atacks almost daily. Now that I can focus, I cleaned off my desk, cleaned the house, and feel better about myself = less anxiety. I still take 1mg Klonopin but split in quarters and mostly take it at night to sleep.

crackerbelly
12-19-10, 01:03 PM
Anxiety can really cripple a person.

Amen.

tinman8881
01-10-11, 12:20 PM
im almost in the same boat as you heres what i take and its been the very best combo so far

problems--ADD,PTSD,SEVRE PANIC ATTACKS AND MAJOR RECURING DEPRESSION

MY MEDS--LEXAPRO 20MG AT 10 PM
KOLONIPIN .5MG AT 6 AM-.5MG AT 10 PM
ADDERALL 10MG AT 8 AM -10 MG AT 12 - 10MG AT 5 PM

JenSMP
01-27-11, 07:47 PM
The reward just doesnt seem like the risk would be worth it. Although I feel ya on the anxiety. I think that we with adhd have a different anxiety. It's based on the hustle and bustle and the limited time we have and then you throw in focus and ability or lack there of on a daily basis and things get ...well... screwy!

I couldn't agree more.