View Full Version : Depression, OCD, ADD & Bi-Polar

chilly_bob
12-07-10, 10:20 PM
Hi All, first post here. I have been through the cocktail of meds over the past 15 yrs, and most either had worse side effects or didn't work for me. Recently I've had a heart valve replaced, and been hospitalized for congestive heart failure twice. Currently my pdoc has me on good old prozac, and seroquel for sleep. He refuses to put me on Ritalin because of my past heart conditions, and ADD seems to be my worse problem in my life. No mania, just being a slug, like my sister calls it. I was recently let go from my job after 7 yrs, for not completing tasks, I work with computer networks. I'm in the process of applying for SSD. I'd like to go back to school, but my ADD would interfere to much in trying to study and take notes. I'm wondering if anyone else out there has had issues with getting the proper meds because of existing med problems, and what if anything that I could try that don't have these type of side effects. Thanks in advance.

tinman8881
01-10-11, 03:10 AM
try some of this maybe?

my problems--ADD,PTSD,SEVRE PANIC ATTACKS AND MAJOR RECURING DEPRESSION

MY MEDS--LEXAPRO 20MG AT 10 PM
KOLONIPIN .5MG AT 6 AM-.5MG AT 10 PM
ADDERALL 10MG AT 8 AM -10 MG AT 12 - 10MG AT 5 PM

daveddd
01-10-11, 09:36 AM
strattera is a non stimulant adhd med

Abi
01-10-11, 10:21 AM
My problems: BIPOLAR-II; GAD; ADHD

My meds:
Lexapro 15mg in the mornings;
Klonopin 0.5mg in the mornings & 0.5mg at bedtime;
Depakote 300mg in the mornings (stopped) & 300mg at bedtime;
No ADHD meds at present

As the above poster mentioned, Stattera, as well as Wellbutrin, may be good options for you given your heart condition.

Welcome to the forums btw. :)

ReedtheStrange
02-16-11, 10:58 PM
Depression and OCD and ADD and Bi-Polar - Oh my!

I would stay away from seroquel if you can. Seroquel actually has some pretty nasty side effects, such as an increased risk to develop diabetes.

hollywood
02-16-11, 11:24 PM
I thought I had that, turns out my dose was not high enough. What a waste of time thinking I had OCD and anxiety ha!