View Full Version : Some advice

CrazyTN
12-09-10, 06:42 PM
I just found out that one of my friends daughters has adhd and tourettes. She's 10-11. At the meeting today, she back talked several times to me and I let her know that I would not tolerate the behavior because I know her mother would not tolerate it either. (The mom had no problem with this.) I don't want to overstep anyones toes but I also know that some behavior is unacceptable even for the condition. Is there anyone out there that could give me some advice on how to handle the situation? This is new to me so I'm kinda lost.

CrazyLazyGal
12-10-10, 03:03 AM
Can you be more specific? Since this is the Tourette's sub-forum, can you explain how it is related to Tourette's?

Also, the Parents sub-forums may be a better place to get answers since you're talking about a child.

CrazyTN
12-10-10, 07:58 AM
I put it here b/c this is the tourettes forum. Ya'll would know more than the average person. I'm just trying to find out when to let an outburst go and when to step in and let her know that her behavior is unacceptable. Is that what happens with adults? Is there a way to tell when it's the tourettes and when it's not? Or are all her outburtsts going to be b/c of tourettes? Maybe just an offering of some basic tourretts info. Ya'll would be the best people to ask since ya'll are the ones who have the condition or live with or know people who have it.

CrazyLazyGal
01-30-11, 04:01 PM
I put it here b/c this is the tourettes forum. Ya'll would know more than the average person. I'm just trying to find out when to let an outburst go and when to step in and let her know that her behavior is unacceptable. Is that what happens with adults? Is there a way to tell when it's the tourettes and when it's not? Or are all her outburtsts going to be b/c of tourettes? Maybe just an offering of some basic tourretts info. Ya'll would be the best people to ask since ya'll are the ones who have the condition or live with or know people who have it.What are the outbursts--are they the same words or sounds?

lusy15
08-26-11, 02:48 AM
I reading this topic is very nice. But i search in many places and good temple in many process worked in heavy moment purposes this topic.