View Full Version : NVLD and ADHD combination

mrsmith
12-10-10, 08:01 PM
I have the IQ profile of NVLD, though when I read the description, I don't feel the attention to detail thing fits, though that would be the case for everybody "with ADHD" I think. And NVLD and attention problems are supposed to be "comorbid", so it should be a normal combination.

For example I think NVLDers are supposed to be able to read an instruction and then "just do it", I am much more read, try, find out what I didn't understand, go back to the instructions.......

So what does "ADHD" with NVLD attention to details look like? Are they good at spelling? Can they proofread a document?

Or is there a distinct NVLD/ADHD group who don't have these problems?

APSJ
12-12-10, 07:31 PM
I have NVLD or perhaps more accurately a NVLD, my diagnosis is technically 'LD-NOS - Visual memory impairment' and also ADHD.

I *do* have excellent attention to detail in some respects. Proofreading/editing is a definite strength, and certain kinds of instructions I can just do after reading, basically any that don't involve spatial/visual concepts. Directions to get someplace, for example, I basically have to be looking at constantly.

On the other hand, while proofreading/editing for grammar/style/etc. I can sometimes fail to notice that I left out an entire section. I'm also horribly messy generally, and can't seem to organize things well. I'm particularly horrible with scheduling, keeping track of appointments and avoiding making overlapping ones, etc..

Crazygirl79
09-12-12, 12:54 AM
I have the IQ profile of NVLD

So do I!! I also have ADHD and Aspergers, my reading, spelling are much better than my mathematical and visual spatial awareness skills, my attention to detail is still very good and some people call me a detective lol but my ability to concentrate overall is significantly impaired. I guess everyone with this same diagnostic combination is different.

Selena