View Full Version : Vyvanse not working?

jwr615x
12-12-10, 03:30 PM
Started Vyvanse 30mg about two weeks ago. First days, felt it kicking in but by 1pm, it seemed to wear off. I tried double dosing one day and definitely noticed a difference in my ability to focus/concentrate and in my feeling of optimism. However, the day before my period and 4 days during, the 30mg and 60mg dosage did not work at all. Since being off my period I've stayed at 30mg and hardly notice anything anymore. I'll feel some dry mouth for about an mouth but that's the only effect whatsoever I notice. Is 30mg just too low a dose for me?

penguin
12-12-10, 05:38 PM
Hi,
What is it that you want to feel? For me, vyvanse has no "feeling" when I take it. The first week or so I could stop and sort of do a personal "review" and tell that I had taken it. Now I cannot remember if I have taken it. I don't "feel" any different. I just know that at the end of the day, my students are still alive, I haven't bitten any heads off, and I have been productive. Probably the most reliable indicator of having it in me is 1 hour after I take it I have to go whiz. And usually some dry mouth.
Anyway, physical feelings are not a real good indicator of effectiveness.
Good luck...Ken

jwr615x
12-12-10, 08:35 PM
Hi, when I took the 60mg I felt incredibly productive. I wanted to clean/fix everything. I felt completely engrossed in just about anything and everything, even if I had no interest in it. With the 30mg, I feel as I usually do-unproductive, lethargic and not able to really start, let alone finish, any tasks.

Scotter
12-12-10, 11:18 PM
I was just switched from Adderall to Vyvanse and not only do I get the same bothersome side effect, it is no where near as effective for me.

I might as well be taking a sugar pill. So maybe Vyvanse is just not the right med for you.