View Full Version : Adderall and anxiety

425runner
12-12-10, 09:03 PM
Is it normal to experience panic attacks when starting on Adderall and taking it on an empty stomach?

I'm supposed to be taking Klonopin 1mg/day and usually take less but with the 10mg of Adderall it really makes me take more.

My doc said he would eventually put me on the XR version of Adderall but what if that causes anxiety all day??

Any ideas?

Thanks!

lynette19775
12-12-10, 10:21 PM
Did you formerly have any issues with anxiety before starting the Adderall? Or is this a completely new symptom for you?

425runner
12-13-10, 08:10 AM
Yes, I've had experienced panic attacks before strarting the Adderall but that's why I've been taking the Klonopin which helped.

It's weird cause it only increased my anxiety when I took it on an empty stomach. Anyways, I'll ask the doc for something more "gentle" maybe Dex XR

shelly7783
12-13-10, 06:08 PM
Adderall can increase anxiety for some. For me, it is decreasing it. I originally thought I had GAD until I went to a pysch and got dignosed with ADD. I have read on here that some people need to eat a good-sized breakfast before taking their adderall. I do well on a light breakfast, I hate eating in the mornings. So I usually do a protein shake and some fruit or string cheese.

How long have you been on the adderall? Initial reactions or side effects can decrease when you keep taking it. I'd suggest eating some breakfast and see how that works for you.

425runner
12-13-10, 10:12 PM
I've been on it for 2 days, today was actually much better. Took it with food and felt only slight anxiety coming on so popped in 0.25mg Klonopin and that took care of it. Took another 5mg later and felt much calmer and just well, for a change :)