08-07-04, 07:19 PM
Name: Stephen K. Sowards, Ph.D.
Title: Psychologist
Address: College Hill Counseling Center
8020 E. Central, Suite 160
Wichita, Kansas, 67206
Phone: (316)634-0029
Areas Served: South Central Kansas
Professional Associations: Licensed KS & MO, APA, KPA, National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
Organization Type: Private Practice
Staff: Under 3
Types of Therapy: interventions & theoretical orientations Adult Assessment, Child Assessment, Forensic Assessment, Behavioral, Cognitive behavioral, Family/Marital, Mediation
Disorders treated: ADHD/ADD, Adjustment disorders, Anxiety disorders, including panic attacks, Depression/dysthymia, Forensic/court evaluations, Psychological testing, Divorce related services, Grief and loss, Children's chronic diseases
Fees: Insurance, Medicare
Office Hours: Mon,Tue,Thu,8am-6pm;Wed,8am-9pm;Fri8am-1pm
Comments: My practice is directed mainly toward children, adolescents, and families. I have been the psychology consultant to the Pediatric Onclology Teams at the major local hospitals for 14 years. I also have special interest and training in: 1) Assessing and treating divorce/post-divorce child and family problems; 2) Parental and child grief and loss. My orientation is practical and eclectic with greater emphasis on behavioral, cognitive-behavioral, and family systems approaches.

Name: Stephen H. Blum, Ph.D.
Title: Psychologist
Address: 835 SW Western Avenue
Topeka, Kansas, 66606
Phone: 785.233.9400
E-mail for more info: shblum@behaviorconsultants.org
Areas Served: Offices in Topeka and Kansas City
Professional Associations: Listed: National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology, American Psychological Association, Greater Kansas City Psychological Association
Types of Therapy: interventions & theoretical orientations
Adult Assessment, Child Assessment, Forensic Assessment, Neuro Assessment, Psychiatric Assessment, Behavioral, Cognitive behavioral, Cognitive, Family/Marital, Humanistic, Play, Psychodynamic
Disorders Treated: ADHD/ADD, Adjustment disorders, Anxiety disorders, including panic attacks, Bipolar/mania, Depression/dysthymia, Eating disorders, Forensic/court evaluations, Gay/lesbian Issues, Medication prescription, Mens Issues, Neurological disorders, Personality disorders, Psychological testing, Schizophrenia/delusional disorders, Sexual disorders, Womens Issues, Chronic/Acute Pain, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Fees: Insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, Set cash fee
Office Hours: Mon - Thurs: 8:00am - 8:00pm; Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm; Sat: 8:00am - 1:00pm

Name: Richard H. Selig, Ph.D., LSCSW, LMFT
Title: Clinical social worker, Marital and Family therapist
Address: 2201 S.W. 29th St.
Topeka, Kansas,
Phone: 785-267-6777
Areas Served:
Professional Associations: NASW,ABECSW, AAMFT, EMDRIA
Staff: Under 3
Types of Therapy: interventions & theoretical orientations
Adult Assessment, Child Assessment, Cognitive-behavioral, Family/Marital, Psychodynamic, EMDR, Level 2 trained, Hypnosis
Disorders Treated: ADHD/ADD, Adjustment disorders, Anxiety disorders, including panic attacks, Depression/dysthymia, Personality disorders, Eating Disorders, Trauma issues
Fees: Insurance, Medicare, Set cash fee
Office Hours: M: 8am -6pm, T: 8am-8pm, W: 8am-8pm, Th: 8am-8pm, F: 10am-2pm

meadd823
08-22-08, 12:04 AM
I am attempting to get a single place for people to go when they are looking for professional in their region to help with ADD - if you know a good reputable health care practitioner that treats adults with ADD by all mean do share - if one really really sucks then by all means do share that to -

With that said:

Please be advised readers are responsible for all research into any and all health care professionals as well as baring the sole responsibility for final ADD treatment decisions. ADDF doesn't recommend or endorse any one and all opinions shared by the member are the opinions of that member and in no way reflects the opinion of ADDF as a community

Although I won't delete recommendations for children I am mostly looking for adult ADD care

In the mean time I do have a collection of directories located in the diagnosis section than may be of use to some Where Can I Find a Health Care Professional? (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33989)

01GT281
03-27-09, 09:01 PM
I've had a great experience with two practitioners in the Hutchinson area at Horizons Mental Health Clinic at 1600 N. Plum

Jamie Packebush is a masters level psychologist who does ADD/ADHD testing. She uses the IVA-AE Braintrain as a test.

Sandy Hayes is an ARNP who can write you your prescription. She started me out on Vyvanse after trying Strattera and Wellbutrin XL. She is kind and will listen to your needs. If you are having other issues she can help for that as well.

DO NOT VISIT DR. LOUIS ALONZO!!!!!!!!

or you will be sorry. He doesn't give a crap whether or not you're happy with your meds or even whether they work or not.

I hope this helps anyone looking for help in this area. I know I sure could have used this information about 6 months ago.

stretch51
10-29-11, 10:31 AM
I have researched forever and I am honestly about to drive myself crazy, is there a place in kansas I can go to get a brain scan like one of DR Amens brain SPECTs scans to definatively tell me which ADD I have, I have it narrowed down to two and I have tried mixing and matching herbs forever with great lengths of research.

rvjayoung
02-10-13, 03:27 PM
I didn't see a spot for Oklahoma doctors. does anyone know of any physicians in the Oklahoma City area that will prescribe? I have been prescribed adderal for 5 years. I went to a psychologist who specialized inADD and had some test done and he said I scored off the charts. but I'm living in Oklahoma City now and have had difficulty trying to find a doctor. any assistance would be appreciated

ADDammit
11-13-13, 08:35 PM
I just moved to Wichita, KS and I need to find a doctor to continue my Adderall prescriptions. Can anybody recommend someone? Thanks