View Full Version : was just diagnosed, scripted adderall

SmallTownGirl
12-15-10, 08:16 PM
I filled out a questionnaire at a psychiatrist's office and almost all my symptoms matched up with an adhd diagnosis. I'm on celexa and was hoping that would help my concentration and focus, but it didn't. now adderall is added in along with the celexa. The only thing I'm worried about is a possible increase in anxiety (I have a lot of anxiety). It's a low dose, 10 mg, so hopefully it won't make my anxiety worse. I'm excited about my new diagnosis though, hopefully I will feel back to normal (whatever that is)!

imreallyjin
12-16-10, 05:40 AM
what happens to a lot of adhd/add -ers is that our anxiety is the result of being unable to focus; preventing us from finishing a task/doing something.

Tell us what happens with adderall~ :D

Also, you're lucky that you weren't prescribed Ritalin at first; NOW that'll give you anxiety! =P

WhoaaaaaI'mADD
12-16-10, 05:31 PM
Good luck. I started on ritalin, had a bit of anxiety and mood swinging, and was switched to adderall. Now I've been taking this for a month or two and I have to say my anxiety is definitely up. I believe I have GAD and am hoping to speak to my doctor about it. Your dose is much smaller than mine, so you should have very little anxiety with it. I hope it works out!

Trevor4sure
12-16-10, 06:08 PM
I filled out a questionnaire at a psychiatrist's office and almost all my symptoms matched up with an adhd diagnosis. I'm on celexa and was hoping that would help my concentration and focus, but it didn't. now adderall is added in along with the celexa. The only thing I'm worried about is a possible increase in anxiety (I have a lot of anxiety). It's a low dose, 10 mg, so hopefully it won't make my anxiety worse. I'm excited about my new diagnosis though, hopefully I will feel back to normal (whatever that is)!

Let me know if you feel a crash... Take them the same time everyday... And let me know if you feel positive effects right away please. Im on Adderall 20mg XR so its like taking two 10mg pills at once that space them seleves out without having to take another dose after the first one runs out... I feel really nothing... I have only taken two pills so far in two days this is the second day and I took this pill at 2pm same time as yesterday.

WhoaaaaaI'mADD
12-17-10, 05:06 PM
Let me know if you feel a crash... Take them the same time everyday... And let me know if you feel positive effects right away please. Im on Adderall 20mg XR so its like taking two 10mg pills at once that space them seleves out without having to take another dose after the first one runs out... I feel really nothing... I have only taken two pills so far in two days this is the second day and I took this pill at 2pm same time as yesterday.

Trevor, are you on generic or name brand XR? The generic brand is orange in color and partially see-through, while the name brand is completely clear on one half.

The reason I ask is because the generic is said to sometimes have inadequate time release mechanism, i.e. what allows two 10mg IR doses to be released four hours apart. If you're not feeling the second dose, you have a couple options. You can get an IR 'booster' for later in the day (I do this), or you can switch either to name brand XR to try, or switch completely to IR. Stay with your dose for a couple weeks to see if it evens out, and then figure out a course of action if it's not working.

Good luck.