View Full Version : is this normal

cakes~harris
12-17-10, 09:18 AM
I started adderall 10 mg 2x's a day, yesterday. I could barely sleep last night, maybe 3 hours, yet I feel very awake. What in the world? I have 3 kids to stay busy with and no sleep is not good. Any suggestions?

crackerbelly
12-17-10, 12:47 PM
I take Ritalin. I started out on 10mg 2 times per day. If I waited too long into the afternoon to take my second dose, I would have a lot of trouble sleeping. I tried an experiment. I started taking both at once in the morning and it seemed to work better for me. The benefit begins to wear off for me in the early evening. I told my doctor about my experiment and she said to keep doing that. She now prescribes a single 20mg dose one time per day and that appears to be working for me.

In retrospect, I probably should have talked to my doctor before trying the experiment but as a general rule, that's not how I roll. :)

cakes~harris
12-17-10, 02:53 PM
Thank you for your response. I decided (without calling Dr) to change the time I take it. My last pill of the day will be at 3 vs. 6, so we will see if that helps! Thanks Again! Happy Holidays!