View Full Version : Advice on Dr. or facilities in Edmonton,AB ?

IAISIS
12-21-10, 11:10 PM
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone here lives in Edmonton,AB,Canada and has had a positive experience with diagnosis ? As i don't have a regular Dr. i go to medi centers when i need to. i am looking for somewhere other than that to go be assessed. I am 30 years old and more than positive i have ADHD as i have been living with it and reading books on it for almost my whole life(since 14). It is getting to be more and more bothersome as time progresses, and i think i am at the point where i would like to try some form of treatment. Just so i can pay attention. Just a little bit lol. For longer than 0.02 seconds. Other than when I'm hyper focusing lol. Well you all understand haha :) So if anyone has had a good experience within Edmonton and would like to pass on the or location of a ADHD knowledgeable Dr. or facility. I would be very great full. Thank you.

Ra

ginniebean
12-22-10, 04:40 AM
call CHADD they're in the book

awaywithfairies
01-04-12, 01:29 AM
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone here lives in Edmonton,AB,Canada and has had a positive experience with diagnosis ? As i don't have a regular Dr. i go to medi centers when i need to. i am looking for somewhere other than that to go be assessed. I am 30 years old and more than positive i have ADHD as i have been living with it and reading books on it for almost my whole life(since 14). It is getting to be more and more bothersome as time progresses, and i think i am at the point where i would like to try some form of treatment. Just so i can pay attention. Just a little bit lol. For longer than 0.02 seconds. Other than when I'm hyper focusing lol. Well you all understand haha :) So if anyone has had a good experience within Edmonton and would like to pass on the or location of a ADHD knowledgeable Dr. or facility. I would be very great full. Thank you.

Ra

Sounds like we are in similar positions. I am looking for a good psychiatrist for a formal diagnosis, but not sure if I want treatment yet. I will let you know what my search comes up with.

ADDCoach4u
06-01-12, 03:56 AM
There's an ADHD support group in my old hometown of Edmonton, it's called ADHD Association of Greater Edmonton.

we're not allowed to post links so just google it and ask them if they know of anyone who treats adhd.

I run an adult ADHD support group in Vancouver and I have a list of vancouver bc area people who diagnose adhd I send out from my website, and maybe they have a similar list too. Or go to one of their meetings and ask for some recommendations.