View Full Version : Can Geodon make you quiet?

moke64916
12-22-10, 08:15 PM
Hi, I was wondering if Geodon or any anti-psychotic/mood stabalizer for that matter can make a person become quiet? Personality wise. I used to be a very outgoing guy that would talk a lot. When I got on Geodon for Tourettes Syndrome I noticed that I was quiet. I used to always. I used to easily express my thoughts. Now, that I'm on Geodon, I don't get as many thoughts running through my head as I used to. I recently got on a much lower dose of it, and I've been more talkative and just thinking better in general. My guess is that it's the medication. And can anti-psychotics zone you out? I would appreciate your thoughts/opinion and personal experiences on this subject. Thank you.

Hoshi
01-24-11, 09:22 PM
I take a pretty high dose of Geodon myself...80mg 2x a day. I used to take it 3 times a day but it caused heart problems.
I have noticed that I'm quieter than I used to be, and people have commented on it. I used to be fine talking on the phone, now I just say a few words, give a very short answer and there's an awkward silence lol. I really can't tell for sure if the talking thing is from the Geodon or the depression. All I know is I used to never shut up...now I just don't have anything to say.