View Full Version : I am a Technological Beast

EshkaronsEngine
12-29-10, 07:51 PM
First thing in the morning I'm outside for a smoke. I take my pills and drink my coffee. While smoking I am on my DROID phone learning French and playing games. I come inside I'm on a couple different forums. Jesus Christ I don't know who I'd be anymore without all this technology:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nol7e9HJXg

anonymouslyadd
12-29-10, 07:54 PM
You crack me up Esh.

Illiterati
12-29-10, 08:54 PM
I don't smoke, but I go online with my laptops (yes, two of them), my desktop, and my Motorola Droid.

We also have a Samsung 3D tv.

I love my shinies.

EshkaronsEngine
12-29-10, 08:58 PM
I love how dependable technology is. Like so unlike a person u can always rely on them(except when my phone effing force closes on me) wtf?!!!

EshkaronsEngine
12-30-10, 10:44 AM
I'm using my new iPod Touch. I will be having FaceTime with friends once they figure out how to update their iPhone OS. I luv how fast I can text with this.

notsoplainJane
12-30-10, 11:20 AM
First thing in the morning I'm outside for a smoke. I take my pills and drink my coffee. While smoking I am on my DROID phone learning French and playing games. I come inside I'm on a couple different forums. Jesus Christ I don't know who I'd be anymore without all this technology:rolleyes:

I'd like to suggest a little trip to Africa, to somewhere remote, where there is not technology as we know it. It might seriously add a new dimension to your life. I don't mean that sarcastically at all, but learning to live with bare resources can make you look at life differently.

EshkaronsEngine
12-30-10, 11:28 AM
I'd like to suggest a little trip to Africa, to somewhere remote, where there is not technology as we know it. It might seriously add a new dimension to your life. I don't mean that sarcastically at all, but learning to live with bare resources can make you look at life differently.

I agree. Hands down for me the greatest technology is medicine. Truly I have been reborn. I'll go to Africa as long as I can bring my pills

stef
12-30-10, 11:36 AM
I think I don't care about technology but then when we got home after X-mas I was like LAPTOP - NOW.

I REALLY want an ipad or galaxy tab because the laptop is getting old (I am not just saying that, the battery doesn't charge correctly so you have to plug it in and it's getting inconvenient). I just use internet, anyway. But I worry that having no actual keyboard might be strange.

I have a blackberry for work which I love (I am kind of a geek but I like to check my messages in the train. I feel like a real grown-up!) plus no more getting into work and seeing 10 emails marked Urgent.

My husband is the one installing things and buying things and fussing with passwords etc. and updating firefox - This part doesn't interest me!

EshkaronsEngine
12-30-10, 11:43 AM
My husband is the one installing things and buying things and fussing with passwords etc. and updating firefox - This part doesn't interest me!

damn it all to hell my friend yesterday couldn't figure out how to update her iPhone OS. I was ready to go on FACETIME with her and like I got a message this morning the problem is still not fixed. I'm glad we guys r still needed:p

bof00
12-30-10, 11:47 AM
I like tampering with things. I don't think I've ever owned any electronics that didn't get hacked - even my built-in car navigation haha

EshkaronsEngine
12-30-10, 11:57 AM
I like tampering with things. I don't think I've ever owned any electronics that didn't get hacked - even my built-in car navigation haha

One day I hope to hack my ANDROID. I have a book of how to program. I just gotta get around to it. That and Linux.

stef
12-30-10, 12:12 PM
One day I hope to hack my ANDROID. I have a book of how to program. I just gotta get around to it. That and Linux.

Oh -and Linux! he also uses that.

bof00
12-30-10, 12:47 PM

I'd help :D You could probably overclock it to run faster.
BackTrack Linux is the best - has thousands of preloaded apps for hacking anything.

EshkaronsEngine
12-30-10, 03:43 PM
I AM IN MY GLORY RIGHT NOW!!!!I am uploading Youtube videos, texting my brother, posting on forum, downloading friend's photo while chatting with 5 windows open. Thank u technology for morphing me into a technological octupus:p

peripatetic
12-30-10, 04:03 PM
damn it all to hell my friend yesterday couldn't figure out how to update her iPhone OS. I was ready to go on FACETIME with her and like I got a message this morning the problem is still not fixed. I'm glad we guys r still needed:p

what's needed is an instant transportation device so you can just come fix the damn thing and i don't have to spend two hours getting increasingly frustrated before deciding i either break iphone/macbook or just let it go. although i suppose that'd make the whole phoning thing irrelevant.....

well, whatever. i'm just saying it'd be great if you could get right on that technological innovation; one star trek-style transporter, please:)

EshkaronsEngine
12-30-10, 04:06 PM
what's needed is an instant transportation device so you can just come fix the damn thing and i don't have to spend two hours getting increasingly frustrated before deciding i either break iphone/macbook or just let it go. although i suppose that'd make the whole phoning thing irrelevant.....

well, whatever. i'm just saying it'd be great if you could get right on that technological innovation; one star trek-style transporter, please:)

There should be a computer assist program:confused: Like u know when a tech guy takes control of your computer remotely. I should actually look into this but just because it's done with PCs doesn't mean it translates to Apple products.:rolleyes:

EshkaronsEngine
12-30-10, 04:16 PM
I ****ING LOVE THE COMPUTER AGE!!! i'M TALKING ON A LANDLINE, TEXTING ON MY MOBILE AND POSTING ON THE FORUM AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!

sarek
12-30-10, 05:14 PM

Would you be very surprised if I said that is already in the works, sort of? At the very least highly advanced forms of telepresence are just around the corner and surgeons are already performing remotely controlled robotised procedures.

x3017
12-30-10, 06:18 PM
I'm a Linux geek, who is also addicted to the internet, have been for years, I love my Webos Palm Pixi and would be lost without it.

Technology, open source and Linux in particular, is one of the few things that holds my attention. I've wanted to get certifications but rarely have the energy to study long enough for traditional classes. I'm easily distracted when anywhere near an internet connected anything.

bof00
12-30-10, 07:32 PM
Would you be very surprised if I said that is already in the works, sort of? At the very least highly advanced forms of telepresence are just around the corner and surgeons are already performing remotely controlled robotised procedures.

Yeah, telepresence is great - that's being there as a hologram - need a 3d projector for it. There's a couple systems out already. Here's a Cisco system video.
The virtual people are funny - robots with faces, haha.
Scientists can move light right now, capture the energy on one side with a Bose-Einstein condensate (must be close to absolute zero though), transport it, and then release it on the other side.
Oh, and on Mac it's called Remote Desktop - that's there main assistance program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcfNC_x0VvE

Illiterati
12-30-10, 08:06 PM
I've been using Remote Desktop for years now, on my PC and laptop...

It's kept me from having to go TO my friend's place when she's screwed up settings for her computer network. LOL I don't drive the 101N if I can possibly avoid it.

bof00
12-30-10, 08:37 PM
I've been using Remote Desktop for years now, on my PC and laptop...

It's kept me from having to go TO my friend's place when she's screwed up settings for her computer network. LOL I don't drive the 101N if I can possibly avoid it.

Before it was considered a good thing, a legal IT tool, I was using illegal backdoors for computers in the 90s - repacked to avoid antivirus detection. Now, I use Dameware and Logmein for taking over in-office and out-of-office employees computers. I still like the illegal ones more though - more control. :)

EshkaronsEngine
12-30-10, 08:40 PM
when I get a little ching ching I'm going to get into this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXiql8Fm64A

EshkaronsEngine
01-04-11, 02:38 AM
lately I've gotten into the habit of having 3 or more web browser open. 1 for Youtube, 1 for images and 1 for the forum:p

EshkaronsEngine
01-18-11, 09:09 PM
From the seat heater in the car to the automatic garage door opener all while talking on cell phone listening to the cd I just bot. God I am so glad I am alive at this very moment! YAWP!!!!!!!!:p