View Full Version : Money and ADD Coaching

Careem
08-10-04, 12:38 AM
In my opinion coaching should not be about money since a large majority of ADDers have little money or no job at all.

careem

Andrew
08-10-04, 12:57 AM
careem...

I think, in a perfect world, all professions that provided assistance to those in need, wouldnt cost us anything. In the real world we live in, however, we all need to survive and prosper where we can. Survival of the fittest, etc.

Some ADD Coaches might be willing to work on a sliding scale, based on your income level, etc.

Careem
08-10-04, 02:35 AM
I guess your right. ah me
careem...

I think, in a perfect world, all professions that provided assistance to those in need, wouldnt cost us anything. In the real world we live in, however, we all need to survive and prosper where we can. Survival of the fittest, etc.

Some ADD Coaches might be willing to work on a sliding scale, based on your income level, etc.

Tara
08-10-04, 12:09 PM
There are a lot of different options out there when it comes to ADD Coaching. For instance we offer a peer coaching section here for our members. There are also group coaching options which cost less than individual coaching.

I have heard this issue about the cost of ADD Coaching time and time again. I think that people who feel this way need to come together and let organizations like ADDA ( http://www.add.org/about/board.html ) know this.

waywardclam
08-10-04, 03:05 PM
It is ludicrous that an entire profession exists specifically to help a demographic of people who can't afford that profession's help... :(

Garry
08-15-04, 05:48 PM
Thank You Clam for putting the words down that I have been looking for.

I am setting up an appointment with our MP (Member of Parliment) for you Americans (not Military Police) for , one of the points being to bring to there attention the need for properly trained coaches for the younger ADDers as they leave the protective walls of our schooling system.

Tara
08-15-04, 06:02 PM
It is ludicrous that an entire profession exists specifically to help a demographic of people who can't afford that profession's help... :(
That's not entirely true. There are many people who can afford higher priced coaches. If they couldn't then ADD Coaches would not be making as much money at they do make.

As both an ADD coach and an adult with ADD I can see both sides of the issue. I have brought this up to different coaches and other ADD professionals. One coach told me that he keeps his regular rates fairly high so he can take on 10% of his clients for free.

But, like I said before people need to get together and speak up about the cost of coaching. I don't think the people who should realize this issue do.

Garry
08-15-04, 06:09 PM
I personally dont feel that coaching should be free but I do feel in Canada anyway that it should be a tax write off.

One coach told me that he keeps his regular rates fairly high so he can take on 10% of his clients for free.
What is an example of regular rates Tara

say by the hour

or by the month

How are the fee schedules determined

Tara
08-15-04, 06:19 PM
Rates can be anwhere from $25 per hour too over $100 per hour. This particular coach charges over $100 per hour.

Monthly fees can be anywhere from $50 per month to over $500 per month.

There really aren't any set standards for how rates are determined. It depends on training, education, experience, location, etc.

When I was at the ADDA conference Sue Sussman (http://www.americoach.org/) told coaches that a good way to determine their rates is to find out how much Professional Organizers in thier area charge and how much psychotherapists charge. Then Coaches rates should fall somwhere in the middle of the two.

Garry
08-15-04, 06:36 PM
Wow
and thats American dollars your talking also....

waywardclam
08-16-04, 09:02 AM
I'm sure your words are a great comfort to those people who cannot afford coaches, Tara! :)

jaimegerise
08-16-04, 04:37 PM
Guess this is where we'd need a "Patch Adams" of ADD coaching :D :p