View Full Version : ADHD+Anxiety..and more. Drug soup

addhell
01-16-11, 03:28 PM
Ya-lo!
I'm just going to make a long story short I think... I'm 26yr old. Diagnosed with ADHD (yayy!), generalized anxiety disorder - GAD (double yayy!).
Well, I'm also diagnosed with Tourette's syndrome, but luckily for me, the symptoms from Tourette are (extremely) minor.

My ADHD is treated with the "heavenly" methylphenidate. 108mg Concerta in the morning and 25mg Ritalin after 4 hours, and then again 25 mg 4 hours thereafter. (A total of 108mg from the Concerta -10% which isn't released from the slow release capsule, which well, make approx. 97mg plus the 2x25 mg later in the day.. Then total approx. 150mg methylph./day.

My GAD (and panic attacks which I'm free of now) are treated with Zoloft (Sertraline) 100mg/day in the morning. Working superbly against the panic attacks.. but well, not so well against the GAD.

And for my lovely insomnia I take 15mg (3x5mg) Nozinan (levomepromazine) at 5'oclock in the afternoon. That's supposed to give me a little relaxation in the evening and improve the quality of my sleep..

HOWEVER:mad::mad::mad:
I ALSO need 15mg zopiclone to fall asleep at night, and USUALLY I also have to take 1 - 1,5 mg alprazolam earlier in the eve to get a little rest..

I realize that you ppl aren't doctors, but I feel that this is way too much.. At leaste, IMO, benzos are never good drugs for a long period, and neither are the Z drugs (zopiclone, eszopiclone, zolpidem).. That might well just be my opinion... but please comment on this, and maybe recommend other drugs (especially the ones for sleep, I HATE benzos and Z's, but don't seem to be able of sleep without any drugs :/). I'd like to hear as many opinions as possible from you ppl, thanks :o

peripatetic
01-17-11, 12:20 AM
welcoem to the forums:)

i only have adhd (well, and dyslexia/dysgraphia) so i can't offer much in the way of medication recommendations, but i did want to say hello and i hope one day to visit your country. i hear it's gorgeous:D

hollywood
01-17-11, 10:43 AM
do your meds work for you? What seems to be the issue?

addhell
01-21-11, 12:44 PM
Hi again!
..and thanks for the welcome peripatetic, well .. It might seem gorgeous to someone who stays here for a week or so ;) It's a small & isolated island, so it gets a little boring place... ;) But for travellers/tourists I believe it's a nice place to visit :rolleyes:

And thank you for your reply hollywood :D
Well, the drugs were working ok for me, but my doc. kept talking about the use of "multiple" drugs (not sure it's written that way), i.e. using many drugs at once. In my case methylphenidate for ADHD, Zoloft for anxiety, levomepromazine (Nozinan) for improved sleep... and too often zopiclone too :eek:

He was so concerned about this that he switched from 15 mg Nozinan (levomepromazine) at 5 o clock to Mirtazapine 15 mg 90 mins before sleep..
But what a change.. Same amount in mg of one drug instead of 15 mg of another... Don't seem to lower the total mg/day :rolleyes:

I guess it might be because mirtazapine works better for sleep and has fewer side effects... eh.. Well, I'm a bit confused, but I feel better so I try to not think too much about it.. Any opinoins on this "therapy"?

Thanks

hollywood
02-05-11, 05:07 PM
Not sure I follow you. I require higher dosing of Ritalin too. I am taking celexa for anxiety. First week feeling blah. Does zoloft mess with your ADHD or decrease effectiveness of your stims