View Full Version : Autistic people: Are they really people at all?

Trooper Keith
01-18-11, 01:33 AM
Yes of course they are. ****ing duh.

ginniebean
01-18-11, 01:57 AM
um... keith.. huh?

Trooper Keith
01-18-11, 01:59 AM
um... keith.. huh?

People with autism are people just like you and me. Don't you agree?

EshkaronsEngine
01-18-11, 02:37 AM
OMFG!!! I can't believe u actually posted this. I'm gonna duck. This is such a traffic accident. It's like 10 semis colliding and exploding and burning and OMFG!!!!

ginniebean
01-18-11, 02:50 AM
well I do agree, whole heartedly keith..

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr Seuss.

I think this is one way I suppose of drawing attention to some of the dehumanizing things that get said about people who have mental disabilities. We certainly do see posts with vexing titles often enough. It reminds me of one entitled "do people with ADHD feel love?"

Someone got mad when I suggested it was a ridiculous thread title and I was assured that it was not. go figure?

sarek
01-18-11, 03:32 AM
Are you by any chance conducting a social experiment on us? Just to see what the reactions will be?

Mignon
01-18-11, 03:38 AM
Are you by any chance conducting a social experiment on us? Just to see what the reactions will be?

I just figured he was "conducting an experiment" on some Budweiser.

fracturedstory
01-18-11, 04:10 AM
They're the best kind of people.

sarey
01-18-11, 11:11 AM
Of course they are people.
Everyone is different, and people with Autism are different, but so is everyone, no two people will be the same, but they are still people nonetheless.

ginniebean
01-18-11, 12:26 PM
Sarek, sometimes it's painful to see this kinda cynicism.

Sarey, a person's a person no matter how small (Dr. Seuss)

mignon.. don't make me run down to that troll thread again.. I'm very sensitive y'know?

fractured story-- please we're being uplifting.. we don't want the unbest to get hurt feelings do we? um, I thougth adhd was the best? Arm wrestle for it?

EshkaronsEngine
01-18-11, 12:49 PM
I thougth adhd was the best? Arm wrestle for it?
Can any1 finally settle what comes first? Autism or Adhd? I think then we shall have a winna:rolleyes:

EshkaronsEngine
01-18-11, 12:51 PM
I just figured he was "conducting an experiment" on some Budweiser.
I conduct experiments with some THIRSTY BEAVER;)(a great beer by the Tree brewing company)

Mignon
01-18-11, 06:33 PM
^^ Esh, you have the subtlety of a bellyflop. Never change!

Bezuidenthustra
01-18-11, 06:34 PM
What is "people"?

Fortune
01-18-11, 06:52 PM
What is "people"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awi14wDTxNw

Mignon
01-18-11, 06:54 PM
What is "people"?

People is soylent green?

Bezuidenthustra
01-18-11, 06:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awi14wDTxNw

I'll see that and raise you a decade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzGnX-MbYE4

Bezuidenthustra
01-18-11, 06:57 PM
People is soylent green?

I think the logic flows the other way, no?

ALL soylent green = people

BUT

NOT ALL people = soylent green

:cool:

Fortune
01-18-11, 07:06 PM
I know nothing about Depeche Mode. I know everything about the doors. It's how I roll. :D

Bezuidenthustra
01-18-11, 07:24 PM
I know nothing about Depeche Mode. I know everything about the doors. It's how I roll. :D

hahaha!

To be fair, I know far more about The Doors than I do about Depeche Mode. That song is just an earworm for me, is all.

sarey
01-18-11, 07:47 PM
Sarey, a person's a person no matter how small (Dr. Seuss)

erm, okay?

fracturedstory
01-18-11, 09:37 PM
fractured story-- please we're being uplifting.. we don't want the unbest to get hurt feelings do we? um, I thougth adhd was the best? Arm wrestle for it?
Did I say something offensive? Or was that sarcasm? Eh, I give up.

Of course they are people.
Everyone is different, and people with Autism are different, but so is everyone, no two people will be the same, but they are still people nonetheless.
Yes but the difference in someone with autism is far greater even between two different NT people.
Sometimes autistic people don't want to be treated as normal because it's like people are denying they actually have difficulties. OK I'm talking about me now.

Funny that it is a feel good thread when I want to get into a serious discussion about why it is a feel good thread.

sarey
01-18-11, 09:52 PM
I'm aware of that, I do have difficulties too.
All I'm saying is that Autistic people ARE people, and with or without Autism, everyone is different. Shesh. Touchy.

Fortune
01-18-11, 10:08 PM
Did I say something offensive? Or was that sarcasm? Eh, I give up.

Ginnie was making a joke. I don't think it was sarcasm.

mctavish23
01-18-11, 10:17 PM
As John McEnroe is so fond of saying, "You cant be serious?"

Hopefully that sums it all up.

tc

mctavish23

(Robert)

shysmile
01-19-11, 12:30 AM
Anyone who has a soul is a person. I find it disturbing that someone would even ask this.

water
01-19-11, 12:52 AM
What is "people"? The basic ingredient in soylent green.

Trooper Keith
01-19-11, 01:25 AM
Anyone who has a soul is a person. I find it disturbing that someone would even ask this.

Are there people who don't have souls? Because if you mean that you have to have a soul to be a person, then there's no such thing as a person. I'm confused.

http://www.pets-warehouse.com/pic-s/SZMZM42.jpg

ginniebean
01-19-11, 02:28 AM
apparently my sense of humour sucks sorry for causing the confusion, I blame kmiller.

fracturedstory
01-19-11, 03:32 AM
Ginnie was making a joke. I don't think it was sarcasm.
Now I'm really confused!

Shesh. Touchy.
Damn straight.

Fortune
01-19-11, 03:42 AM
Oh, just: She said not to let the people who aren't best feel bad, and then suggested a competition for who gets to be the best kind of people between ADHDers and autistics.

Mignon
01-19-11, 04:23 AM
Autistic people: Are they really people at all?

What this thread needs is a vote option!

Fortune
01-19-11, 04:41 AM
The options would have to be:

Yes
Yes

y/y ?

Bezuidenthustra
01-19-11, 04:44 AM
Don't forget the third option:

What is "people"?

:cool:

Mignon
01-19-11, 04:46 AM
The options would have to be:

Yes
Yes
y/y ?

Yes, non?

Fortune
01-19-11, 05:01 AM
Yes, non?

No is not an option.

What is "people?"

could be.

Mignon
01-19-11, 05:11 AM
Tough crowd here.

Anyway enough silliness. This is meant to be a super duper serious thread that has a winner (the OP, duh) and a very stupid scapegoat -- I mean loser. Who will humor us? There I go again.

Bezuidenthustra
01-19-11, 05:14 AM
Tough crowd, this thread

*purses lips solemnly*
*furrows brow*
*stares sternly and silently*

Fortune
01-19-11, 05:26 AM
Tough crowd here.

As usual, I'm too deadpan.

shysmile
01-19-11, 10:24 AM
Are there people who don't have souls? Because if you mean that you have to have a soul to be a person, then there's no such thing as a person. I'm confused.

http://www.pets-warehouse.com/pic-s/SZMZM42.jpg

So we disagree. I can live with that.

Bezuidenthustra
01-19-11, 10:45 AM
New topic:

Artistic pupils: Are they really pupils at all?

nova2012
01-19-11, 01:22 PM
New topic:

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, is it really a duck?

Bezuidenthustra
01-19-11, 05:15 PM
New topic:

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, is it really a duck?

Quack?

Rebelyell
01-19-11, 05:27 PM
Now what the hell kind of question is this anyway,yes of course there people,what do you think there solid unanimated rocks.Yes I'll take some of that Beaver tree bear beer right off the beavers belly:D

EshkaronsEngine
01-19-11, 06:10 PM
Now what the hell kind of question is this anyway,yes of course there people,what do you think there solid unanimated rocks.Yes I'll take some of that Beaver tree bear beer right off the beavers belly:D
Take it from me bro: my taste 4 THIRSTY BEAVER is never quenched. I have a secret stash I can always rely on.

Rebelyell
01-19-11, 06:14 PM
There you go start Esh ,start a micro brewery and call it beaver creek beer,with some catchy err a bit of a innuendo label graphics and Walla in No time you be a rich man w alot of beaver and beer on your hands:D Drink up mate!:D

Bezuidenthustra
01-20-11, 05:24 PM
New topic:

Arrested porpoise: do they serve a purpose at all?

Crazygirl79
02-14-11, 05:07 AM
Autistic people: Are they really people at all?....umm what the f**k sort of a retarded question is that???

Of course they are people....geez the stupidity I see/hear/read at times....this thread is screwed....

Selena

EYEFORGOT
02-14-11, 06:30 PM
Moderator's Note:

I think this thread keeps going off topic, and the original topic is very misunderstood by a lot of members, not just those who posted.

Perhaps some would like to start a thread regarding the stigma and being misunderstood/misunderstanding autism?