View Full Version : Having a good nights sleep makes me wake up tired.

fracturedstory
01-21-11, 07:55 PM
Weird.
I was having nights of 4-6 hours sleep, taking hours to get to sleep and a few middle of the night wake ups. Then I'd wake up at 5 or 6. Get up at 7am to feed the cats. I'd literally be jumping out out of bed.
But today I woke up after falling asleep faster than ever but felt tired. I even slept in. Not for too long.
9am felt too early to be awake and it usually feels just right.
The only thing different was a had a snack before bed to help me sleep.

Maybe it's my inattentive symptoms rearing their ugly head after a long time of hyper symptoms. Or maybe it's just PMS.

But if I were to choose a preferred way to sleep I'd say the one where it takes me hour to fall asleep, I wake up early and jump out of bed. Because I just don't feel like doing anything today and usually I do.

Nifferka
01-22-11, 02:13 PM
Maybe you're coming down with something? I never like mornings, and (without the meds I take for migraines) don't usually fall asleep before midnight--unless I'm sick. Then I'm just tired all the time, no matter how much I sleep.

anonymouslyadd
01-22-11, 02:50 PM
Thanks for posting this fractured. I'm concerned about my sleep patterns, especially when I can't fall asleep at a decent hour. The other night I think I had a meal a little before I went to bed and that may have impacted the quickness of me being able to fall asleep.

When I feel pressure, this impacts how quickly I fall asleep. I'm highly concerned about my calc course and spent one night up the entire night worrying about it. :(. Surprisingly, I don't function too bad on very little sleep, but it does get quite frustrating for me. It gets worse if I continue to not get enough sleep but, fortunately, that hasn't happened since last finals.

I think that if I get too much sleep, I'm often groggy that morning. For me, the optimal scenerio would be for me to get about 6 hours of sleep.

I'm thinking that partially it has to do with when I go to sleep and when I wake up. I don't know why I have this thought or if I read it somewhere, but I think maintaining a regular bedtime and wakeup time is key to have a decent nights rest on a fairly regular basis.

I'm working on going to bed at about 12 A.M. and waking up at 6 A.M., which is a struggle (waking up at 6 that is).

eclectic beagle
02-03-11, 11:22 PM
Weird.
I was having nights of 4-6 hours sleep, taking hours to get to sleep and a few middle of the night wake ups. Then I'd wake up at 5 or 6. Get up at 7am to feed the cats. I'd literally be jumping out out of bed.
But today I woke up after falling asleep faster than ever but felt tired. I even slept in. Not for too long.
9am felt too early to be awake and it usually feels just right.
The only thing different was a had a snack before bed to help me sleep.

Maybe it's my inattentive symptoms rearing their ugly head after a long time of hyper symptoms. Or maybe it's just PMS.

But if I were to choose a preferred way to sleep I'd say the one where it takes me hour to fall asleep, I wake up early and jump out of bed. Because I just don't feel like doing anything today and usually I do.

Yep, even if I have a "good" nights sleep, I still wake up feeling tired. Lack of sleep is worse, maybe somewhat reduced anxiety, but then I am highly irritable, somewhat manic, I'm a mess.

But, like you, I'd prefer falling asleep within an hour, as it gives me just enough time think the day's events over, and then I am satisified and can fall asleep. Although, most nights I simply lie awake for hours being extremely anxious. I think someone else here mentioned (or on a different forum) that Adderall when taken at a specific point in the day let them sleep better. I was the same way, I can't explain it medically.

ArtGypsy
02-03-11, 11:27 PM
I think that if I get too much sleep, I'm often groggy that morning. For me, the optimal scenerio would be for me to get about 6 hours of sleep.

I'm thinking that partially it has to do with when I go to sleep and when I wake up. I don't know why I have this thought or if I read it somewhere, but I think maintaining a regular bedtime and wakeup time is key to have a decent nights rest on a fairly regular basis.

Yup. I feel worse if I get too much sleep. Sticking to a regular schedule is key I think.

hypergirl96
02-03-11, 11:39 PM
if i dont sleep enough, im tired. if i slepp too much im tired.

Kingway
02-09-11, 01:14 PM
I think it is because your body tries to recover, since you're sleeping more than usual; which would mean that you usually don't sleep enough.