View Full Version : Some "expressive" photography of mine.

sarey
01-23-11, 01:03 AM
Only 2 photos, but this is my "expressive" photography, both I will explain with a description on what I wanted to get across with the photo.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/021/e/4/puking_isn__t_a_lifestyle__by_puppypup92-d37pehx.jpg

I call this photo "Puking is not a lifestyle."

I wanted to get across that puking/purging, and any other ED behaviours are not a lifestyle.
It's a disease.
A disease that strips you of everything, and will eventually destroy your life, & it will be the thing that lands you in a grave.
It's a serious, destructive mental health illness.
Not something to be played with, nor to be dismissed as some "lifestyle", it's no such thing.
It rips you apart.
Hence the blue tint, blue for me, represents sadness, despair, depression, which is some emotions ED's can cause.

I also made it a bit blurred, because after purging, things can seem very dazey/blurry. I wanted to emphasize that.

The next photograph;
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/021/9/c/look_beyond_my_mask_of_skin__by_puppypup92-d37pdb8.jpg

I call this "Look beyond my mask of skin."

I wanted to express that there is more to me than meets the eye.
The smiles, this skin, it covers my most darkest sins.

So, yes. That's some expressive photography I've done. Opinions, constructive criticism, and requests for photos to be done are all welcome.

Thanks.

EshkaronsEngine
01-23-11, 01:11 AM
When I see ur beautiful big brown eyes in your second photo I am reminded how tho colored eyes like blue, green and grey etc on the surface r prettier; brown eyes for me speak of something deeper and more beautiful such as a soul. I have big brown eyes and my love does as well and when we gaze into our deep rich brownie eyes the angels in heaven r filled with envy.

sarey
01-23-11, 01:26 AM
Heh, agreed Esh. Thank you for your comment. :)

The one thing I love about my body is my brown eyes. My Fiancee has green eyes, and they are very beautiful too. Blue eyes are nice, but eh. Not as passionate... I love mixed coloured eyes too! So unique!

notsoplainJane
01-25-11, 01:57 AM
Something you might try is to switch the lenses around -- use the shorter lens of photo 2 for photo 1.

sarey
01-25-11, 02:53 AM
I don't have lenses, I just have a digital camera.