View Full Version : how often do all of you exercise?

2lgsr
01-23-11, 03:05 PM
Just wandering because lately I have been obsessive with eating fast food 24/7. And also I barley exercise at all. Barely even getting my heart pumping in like weeks. So how often do you think u need to exercise to make you feel better. I just ask because I need to start a workout program for myself.

daveddd
01-23-11, 03:11 PM
i eat relatively healthy(of course occasionally junk fast food)

and i work out 4 days a week

anonymouslyadd
01-23-11, 04:22 PM
I've been riding my bike about 3 times per week at 30 minutes. I bumped that time up to 35 minutes. I'm also doing physical therapy exercises 3 times per week.

When I'm biking, I notice a difference in how I feel about 15 minutes into the workout. Whatever you do start slow and build up. I started a running routine at PT doing maybe like 5 minutes. I began biking a little later in terms of weeks at 15 minutes. Then I challenged myself to 20 minutes and so on......

Harrier
01-23-11, 04:40 PM
I work out 4-6 days a week. Right now it's just the bike and weights because I'm injured.

Start slow, maybe 2 days of real effort and 1 day of movement/stretching. To be successful it should be fun, or at least bearable. What do you like?

buddy
01-23-11, 04:45 PM
I manage to get out & walk every day with my 3 dogs,I ususally walk for an hour but
with all the snow it's like power walking so I at least get in a half hour.
buddy

curious_dreamer
01-23-11, 05:04 PM
I do aerobics every day for 20-30 minutes. I notice a big difference and it improves my mood and gives me more energy. It's something I look forward to. I'm working my way off my meds and I'm finding exercise especially helpful with the process.

I eat fairly healthy as well.

stef
01-23-11, 05:22 PM
I walk quite a bit, we don't have a car - it's a 15 to 20 min walk "into town" and the train station.
but that's it! I need to do some yoga or stretching or something.

the only sport I really enjoy is swimming, I'm really uncoordinated and I have terrible memories of gym class.

my diet is ok; I have dessert every day at lunch or I'll eat a ton of cookies while making dinner. I could lose 10 lbs...

Driver
01-23-11, 05:24 PM
I exercise about 4-5 times per week and eat OK on a gluten-free (with the odd vegan meal) diet.