View Full Version : What sort of leanring problems do YOU have?

Startled bird
02-03-11, 03:54 PM
Describe them

Mignon
02-03-11, 03:58 PM
Startled bird is an awesome name, Startled bird.

Well my psychiatrist decided that the name of my leanring problem/s is the least of my issues, it's that bad.

Describe? I'll have to think about it for now.

APSJ
02-03-11, 08:49 PM
I have a visual memory impairment, so remembering anything that's strictly visual is a struggle.

peripatetic
02-03-11, 08:51 PM
dyslexia/dysgraphia

i don't handwrite. _ever_ i received accommodations in school for this.

mimi'sdreaming
02-04-11, 11:32 AM
I'm pretty sure I have dyscalculia. Other than math, I did really well in school (despite the general daydreaming and sometimes not remembering anything that was said in class). ;)

My DS (7) on the other hand, has recently been diagnosed with "Mixed Expressive Receptive Language Disorder". This answers many of the questions as to why he's struggled academically, thus far.

I've really been researching as much as possible. Does anyone else have a language disorder, or any experience dealing with them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

NorCalAndy8
02-04-11, 12:15 PM
Dyslexia

I generally have to read over text from documents and books because it does not register in my brain well enough the first time.

sarey
02-04-11, 01:41 PM
I'm pretty sure I have dyscalculia. Other than math, I did really well in school (despite the general daydreaming and sometimes not remembering anything that was said in class). ;)

My DS (7) on the other hand, has recently been diagnosed with "Mixed Expressive Receptive Language Disorder". This answers many of the questions as to why he's struggled academically, thus far.

I've really been researching as much as possible. Does anyone else have a language disorder, or any experience dealing with them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have both receptive and expressive language problems, it was actually written on my special needs statement.
I'm not sure how to deal with it, you should ask the person who diagnosed the problems.
x

Michiko74
02-13-11, 04:03 PM
Mine has to do with auditory processing. I may hear a word, but not necessarily understand it. I recently found that when I say words slowly, taking extra time to pronounce words, I understand things a lot easier. It takes less time to understand a paragraph. Now reading like this is really annoying. Especially when you lack the patience! *LOL* And I sound like a four year old. But at least concepts are actually sticking to my brain!