View Full Version : Help!

FiddlySpoon
02-04-11, 09:23 PM
Hey, a few months online I took an ADD/ADHD test it said I had it. At school I do alot of the things that are in symptoms & signs of ADD/ADHD. I'm really annoyed I've had 3 after school detentions on Friday, so basically 3 weeks in a row, and next time I do anything in class I get a detention on Saturday! Honestly I like getting attention and I often shout out alot but I want to stop but I can't. Any thoughts?

hypergirl96
02-04-11, 09:49 PM
first of all, remember that online tests are NOT a diagnostic tool. however, if you score highly on them, then you should probably go in for further evaluation and get a diagnosis.

i strongly suggest getting an appointment with a psychiatrist that specializes in ad/hd to get a diagnosis. there are many other conditions that can mimic adhd symptoms and while the online screening tests are a good way to figure out if further evaluation is necessary, they should not be used as diagnostic tools.

my thoughts on this is that you should go see a psychiatrist that specialize in adhd and get a diagnosis. this will take a while but it is worth it. also, do some more reading on adhd before you do this. there are some books out there that can be a good guide as t how to manage your impulsivity, which if you have adhd, is probs whats getting you in trouble.

i know this may not be the answer you would like, but its the best i can offer.

Best of luck! :D

FiddlySpoon
02-05-11, 08:34 PM
Yeah Ive seen tonnes of stuff on the Internet about ADD/ADHD and I can relate to them from my behaviour

hypergirl96
02-05-11, 09:26 PM
Yeah Ive seen tonnes of stuff on the Internet about ADD/ADHD and I can relate to them from my behaviour

it's decided then. you should definately go for a diagnosis. :D

Jester
02-06-11, 12:52 AM
Hey, a few months online I took an ADD/ADHD test it said I had it. At school I do alot of the things that are in symptoms & signs of ADD/ADHD. I'm really annoyed I've had 3 after school detentions on Friday, so basically 3 weeks in a row, and next time I do anything in class I get a detention on Saturday! Honestly I like getting attention and I often shout out alot but I want to stop but I can't. Any thoughts?

I had tons of detentions too but I never went. Every time I didn't go, the detention time doubled and was set to the week after. When they decided to suspend me my dad came to school to tell off the teacher and the principal, so I never got a suspension lol worked every time, whatever they had to pull it didn't work with my dad. I was having good marks though. ^.^

Best is to make friends with some crazy dude in the class lol. When I was in highschool I made friends with Dave and Jingo, some older guy who got in fights regularly and...it wasn't admitted but everyone kinda knew Dave was selling stuff. No teacher ever bothered me for years ever since. When I was walking with Dave and his friends, people would change the sidewalk, teachers included haha

FiddlySpoon
02-07-11, 04:03 PM
Dave and jingo? Lol!

FiddlySpoon
02-07-11, 05:28 PM
Btw, like how do I tell my parents I should go to a doctor or something it's not as if I can go up to them and say I think I may have ADD/ADHD, I mean they know I'm naughty at school but they don't know what I do. Although tomorrow I have a parents evening so my teachers will be speaking to my parents about my behaviour and homework.

FiddlySpoon
02-08-11, 05:21 PM
Anyway my parents evening didn't go well, they all said I was attention seeking, they usually say that. They were saying that I am smart but I need to stop attention seeking. So my parents ask me 'what's wrong with you?' Have they never heard of ADD or ADHD?!

hypergirl96
02-08-11, 06:12 PM
i think ur pparents are uneducated about adhd or dont want to admit that you have it. this can be rough. maybe you should go see aguidance counselor or something and tell him what you think and ask him what he thinks and if they ca maybe suggest to your parents that you have adhd withut telling them you had anything to do in the matter.

another thing you can doo, is if you have a good relationship with them, take them out to lunch and tell tham that what you have to tell them is really important to you tell them what adhd really is, and tell them how its been negatively affecting your life. also give examples from when you were young that the can relate to that way they know ur not just faking it now.

this can be rough, and im sorry i cant give you much advice since i didnt have thi problem. but anyways. Good Luvk! :D

FiddlySpoon
02-08-11, 06:34 PM
Ok I might try one of those options. Yeah in primary I had a report card when I was 6 and 7 years old, then again the next year 7 and 8 years old. In my next primary in year 6 so when I was like 10 years old, whenever the teacher turned their back I would mess around behind their back. And of course now in year 7 and 8, I'm 13 now nearly 14, I still mess around whenever so......

hypergirl96
02-08-11, 07:18 PM
ur a year younger than me. :D

sorry, i dont know why i found that funny. probs cause its mostly adults on this forum. lol :D

hypergirl96
02-08-11, 07:27 PM
http://www.charlespearce.com/images/drawn/GoodLuck.jpg