View Full Version : Fun turns Boring.

danielj
02-07-11, 02:54 PM
Here is my conundrum. I have so many interests, but the problem is I lose interest even though it may be something I love to do. Can anyone give me some ideas or input on how to handle this?

hypergirl96
02-08-11, 07:57 PM
sounds like a symptom of depression.

SB_UK
02-09-11, 12:05 PM
Here is my conundrum. I have so many interests, but the problem is I lose interest even though it may be something I love to do. Can anyone give me some ideas or input on how to handle this?

I've found that I'm happiest in complete silence or maybe with slow electronic music playing (no words) - looking out of the window (at green natural things - strictly no people).

It's not that any of the long list of interests which we all report are no longer interesting - it's that I've (we've?) found something better.

Hard to accept it, because the state doesn't appear 'productive' -
though what is productive ?
There is nothing that we're required to achieve.Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.If anything, it'd make sense if we're required to achieve a state of mind which understands that there's nothing to achieve ... ... ...
at which point we'd (one would expect) give ourselves permission to relax -

- to 'stand down' from the pointless war which society teaches us that we must take part in -

~*~

... ... ... just trying to suggest that we've arrived when just being is sufficient.

PixiePlumber
02-09-11, 12:19 PM
I get like that all the time.

It's not like depression though, it's more being restless and looking for something stimulating to do :/

Kingway
02-09-11, 01:00 PM
I'm like that when I'm tired (which means pretty much all the time...)

Are you sleeping well?

daveddd
02-09-11, 01:24 PM

It's not like depression though, it's more being restless and looking for something stimulating to do :/

yes , an adhd individuals boredom can often be mistaken for loss of interest in depression

i have read this is often a tough symptom to differentiate between the 2

danielj
02-09-11, 02:15 PM
I dunno. I am waiting to see what the results of the Neuropsych come back with before I treat any other issues. But I will keep that in mind.

danielj
02-09-11, 02:18 PM

I know with me, that is a big part of it, I have to be stimulated to keep the interest there. I know when I was driving, I had plenty of silence and scenery change. I know with driving, the only issue I had is that I had to have contact with others while I drove, but when I was shut down, then I didn't care so much about talking to someone.

danielj
02-09-11, 02:20 PM
I'm like that when I'm tired (which means pretty much all the time...)

Are you sleeping well?

I am doing whatever I can to make sure I get decent sleep. I am working on keeping a regular sleep schedule but it has been hard since I don't have a regular work schedule. But, now that I only have 1 more day of work before I am done with them, I can really concentrate on a normal schedule!

daveddd
02-09-11, 02:56 PM
yes , an adhd individuals boredom can often be mistaken for loss of interest in depression

i have read this is often a tough symptom to differentiate between the 2

i think i read this in driven to distraction

PixiePlumber
02-09-11, 03:00 PM
If find that something that takes a lot of effort to get a result I find boring. I need something that can be done quickly and get a result. This is why I do a lot of origami :P

daveddd
02-09-11, 03:01 PM
If find that something that takes a lot of effort to get a result I find boring. I need something that can be done quickly and get a result. This is why I do a lot of origami :P

me too, if the gratification aint instant , i want nothin to do with it

danielj
02-09-11, 05:53 PM
I don't mind the effort for the short term, but when it gets more involved and requires a massive amount of time then it makes it so I don't want anything to do with it either.

ginniebean
02-09-11, 06:00 PM
amusement is not joy and it always ends. Joy lasts much longer, and it's difficult finding yours.