View Full Version : Not good. =(

fletcherface
02-14-11, 03:13 AM
So, my doctor prescribed me .25-.5mg of Klonopin up to 2 times a day as needed for anxiety. I also take Adderall through-out the day (10mg's about 3-4 times a day, usually every 3 hours). Well, the first day I decided to take the daily dosage throughout the day as opposed to when I needed it. I realized that wasn't going to work because first off, I didn't feel any different. I still felt edgy and what not, and noticed I really didn't feel anything. So, I decided to back down and just take it when the "edgy-ness" is at it's worse, which would be in the evening when my Adderall is wearing off. Last night it seemed to work well. I took .25mg's just before I went to bed with my melatonin and things were smooth. I fell asleep no problem and had no "titchy" feeling. Today has been a different story.

I had been taking breaks on Saturdays and Sundays from my Adderall so I wouldn't build such a tolerance for it. The problem with that is, when I take my break, I do nothing. Like absolutely nothing. And eat everything in the house, (I swear...well, maybe not everything...heh). So I decided this weekend I wouldn't take a break but maybe not take as much. Today, I've taken 20mg total, and around 8pm, started feeling that edge. So I took .25mg of the Klonopin and felt a little better. I worked on an art project I'm trying to start so I can start selling my artwork for extra cash, and that was fun. :)

Then...about an hour ago...I had this overwhelming sadness. Like horrible. I'm still feeling it now. It kind of feels like a f*** it attitude. By no means do I want to end my life (figured I'd throw that out there), but I just have no care for anything. I'm sad and cranky. I took another .25 because the tension in my neck is killing me. Maybe it's because I was painting for 3 hours and my head was at a weird angle. But that doesn't explain the irritability.

It's just after everything I've read about Klonopin in general, it just doesn't seem like a very good medication for somebody that has irritability, possible depression, paranoia, and panic attacks occasionally. I feel like a short acting medication would help me better like Xanax or who knows what else. That's the only other anti-anxiety med I've ever taken. I just don't know what to do. My psychiatrist mentioned something about Strattera last time I was in there, but I'm not sure if it's going to be as effective as the Adderall is, but she said it would also help with my anxiety, where as Adderall does not (actually does the exact opposite).

Does anybody have any insight or suggestions I could bring up with my psych at my next appointment regarding all of this? I know nobody can give me an exact medical advice, I just want to know if anybody else has experienced this, and what other alternatives they've taken.

fletcherface
02-15-11, 12:46 AM
Maybe I should post this in another forum?