View Full Version : Talk without the letter "s".

Tommy Wilhelm
02-14-11, 05:50 PM
The letter "s" : an ugly letter. Here you can talk about anything, without hearing that letter.

itsanADHDthing
02-14-11, 05:52 PM
upercalifragiliticexpialidociou

hypergirl96
02-14-11, 05:54 PM
what! my first name begins with the letter "S"! i am mortally offended! ;)

and yes, i did use "S" in this post. :p

itsanADHDthing
doe the letter "x" count?

Mignon
oh for crying out loud

zannie
02-14-11, 05:58 PM
thi i imply magnificent! And uch fun!

Eventhough the fir t letter in my name i that letter.

Tommy Wilhelm
02-14-11, 05:59 PM
Hahahha

zannie
02-14-11, 06:00 PM
for aftey rea on alway put on your eatbelt

ArtGypsy
02-14-11, 06:00 PM
why would I want to do that? :D

hypergirl96
02-14-11, 06:02 PM
thi i imply magnificent! And uch fun!

Eventhough the fir t letter in my name i that letter.

lol. nice one. :p im actually having a little fun here. lol :D i once played a game at camp where we couldn't regurgitate the letter when we talked. we went on forver 1-2 hr. adn we had a ton of fun! it can be hard though. but im becoming a pro, kind of. lol :D

how be that, friend(plural form) lol :D

hypergirl96
02-14-11, 06:04 PM
why would I want to do that? :D

cuz you will have a ton of fun doing it! lol :D

nova2012
02-14-11, 06:04 PM
Being that we're unable to leverage that letter, I find it hard, but not undoable, to communicate. It need not be mentioned that that letter of which we may not write eventually may become vital to banter and the proliferation of information and opinion in our community. However, I need mention too that I am, to a degree, enjoying the feat of writing without that letter. Indeed, at one point a book had been written that didn't include the letter "e". I can't even imagine how tough that had to have been or what could have been the topic.

hypergirl96
02-14-11, 06:07 PM
Being that we're unable to leverage that letter, I find it hard, but not undoable, to communicate. It need not be mentioned that that letter of which we may not write eventually may become vital to banter and the proliferation of information and opinion in our community. However, I need mention too that I am, to a degree, enjoying the feat of writing without that letter. Indeed, at one point a book had been written that didn't include the letter "e". I can't even imagine how tough that had to have been or what could have been the subject.

you wrote the forbidden letter down twice in your note! :eek:

tut, tut! :D

ArtGypsy
02-14-11, 06:07 PM
lol. nice one. :p im actually having a little fun here. lol :D i once played a game at camp where we couldn't regurgitate the letter when we talked. we went on forver 1-2 hr. adn we had a ton of fun! it can be hard though. but im becoming a pro, kind of. lol :D

how be that, friend(plural form) lol :D

I am amazed that you wrote that without utilizing the letter we aren't.

hypergirl96
02-14-11, 06:09 PM
I am amazed that you wrote that without utilizing the letter we aren't.

oh, well, i told you people, ive had a bit of practice out of the forum. lol :D

did it again! hehe :D

hypergirl96
02-14-11, 06:10 PM
you will learn a trick or two that will help you get around the forbidden letter. :D and talk normally, kind of. lol :D

nova2012
02-14-11, 06:11 PM
you wrote the forbidden letter down twice in your note! :eek:

tut, tut! :D

I noticed and fixed it before you made your post, haha. I'd looked it over like 10 times... stupid ADHD. :(

zannie
02-14-11, 06:12 PM
nova - excellent work the end word may not even count due to the fact that everything in front of that word imparted a unbelievable lack of the letter we are avoiding!!

hypergirl - brilliant wording and with a good helping of fun. It can't be beaten!

hypergirl96
02-14-11, 06:12 PM
I noticed and fixed it before you made your post, haha. I'd looked it over like 10 times... stupid ADHD. :(

nice. lol :D

do any of you know where i may enter the february avatar competition? i cant find the thread.

zannie
02-14-11, 06:23 PM
hyper, I don't know, in fact, but I am a little bit down - I enjoyed the your other avatar very much. I know, I know life will never remain unchanged. I will deal. I will recover. Have no concern or regret you have done the right thing and off you go to the unknown place to compete in the avatar competition. Good luck hyper girl

hypergirl96
02-14-11, 06:26 PM
nice. lol :D

do any of you know where i may enter the february avatar competition? i cant find the thread.

never mind. found it. and im in! lol.

hyper, I don't know, in fact, but I am a little bit down - I enjoyed the your other avatar very much. I know, I know life will never remain unchanged. I will deal. I will recover. Have no concern or regret you have done the right thing and off you go to the unknown place to compete in the avatar competition. Good luck hyper girl

dont worry. it will be back! after february cuz i highly doubt ill win. an avatar or two look much better than mine.

and thank you very much! lol :D

Bezuidenthustra
02-14-11, 06:33 PM
The letter "s" : an ugly letter. Here you can talk about anything, without hearing that letter.

Wrong!

Anyway, would there be any other method? I doubt it. Then again, I'm often wrong, too.

hypergirl96
02-14-11, 06:40 PM
Wrong!

Anyway, would there be any other method? I doubt it. Then again, I'm often wrong, too.

hehe. youre good at the game were playing. :D

Bezuidenthustra
02-14-11, 07:04 PM
hehe. youre good at the game were playing. :D

I don't even know what game you're talking about. I didn't notice anything awry in the thread. Maybe if you point out clearly which "game" you're referring to I can join in. Although I have to admit that I'm generally terrible at that kind of thing.

Lunacie
02-14-11, 07:15 PM
We might be confronted by a whole new alphabet by leaving out one lone letter.

toothpick
02-14-11, 07:22 PM
not a bad idea for a game. i do not think it would be a challange if the letter "e" were the choice.. that would be brutal

Tommy Wilhelm
02-14-11, 08:35 PM
Time to rehabilitate the letter "s" ! The other sounds need an "s" sound to slide across the polished floor in their socks on; we need s sounds as a wire to string the abacus beads of the other sounds on! Lets us bring back s!

Bezuidenthustra
02-14-11, 08:43 PM
I suppose deserting the "s" was always likely to start a silly state of affairs. Pretty sure I said so at the outset. Or something similar.

Tommy Wilhelm
02-14-11, 08:45 PM
Certainly it was! And it smacks of anti s injustice!

hypergirl96
02-14-11, 09:50 PM
now let us try, my compadres, to not ever use the letter "T", the most common letter in the english alphabet, in this thread. this'll be interesting.

Bezuidenthustra
02-14-11, 10:00 PM
When we abandon a supposedly popular glyph, I'm sure we can assume we will hear considerable uproar from people who usually avoid change.

hypergirl96
02-14-11, 10:08 PM
i comprehend we may experience weird speach for speaking while abandoning a widely used glyph may be nearly impossible in normal speach.

Tommy Wilhelm
02-15-11, 12:03 AM
Oh, such a way of speaking will be easy; we never needed such a symbol. I sound no other way than I previously did.

hypergirl96
02-15-11, 12:09 AM
do you really? i beg your parden, for I very highly disagree.

Tommy Wilhelm
02-15-11, 12:22 AM
Why do you speak thus? Do I sound unusual?

Lunacie
02-15-11, 09:55 AM
You people are fickle, abandoning symbols right and left.

metzfanaz
02-21-11, 08:45 PM
Think about that, won't you? Thank you.