View Full Version : So Many Issues, Where do I begin?

Draga
08-14-04, 02:38 AM
I do take meds to control my ADHD & Bipolar, but the meds can only control so much cause I still talk fast, talk and act without thinking, mania, forgetfulness,I'll forget I am doing something when something else distracts me, my reading comprehension is still something to be desired, and given the actual opportunity and speaking from past experience...I am willing to bet I still could not handle money and If I could I would spend $$$ on my mother or sister and some one me without thinking of responsibilitys.

This is just my actions...my feelings whoa boy, I don't have time to list them all, I know people in the forums have jobs and Christmas shopping to do in a few months:p

But Pretty much if you read my threads u know how I feel LOL....

One thing I need to find out before I can get into more therapy, is to find out what about me I can change and what I am always going to be like, with or w/o meds. What is ADHD, Bipolar, or just one of the many Survivor stages I go through in healing and can they be helped...

I feel like I am a proctologist about to do brain surgery here!!!!! :eek:

gabriela
08-14-04, 03:48 AM
One thing I need to find out before I can get into more therapy, is to find out what about me I can change and what I am always going to be like, with or w/o meds. What is ADHD, Bipolar, or just one of the many Survivor stages I go through in healing and can they be helped...

I feel like I am a proctologist about to do brain surgery here!!!!! :eek:(maybe) this sounds (and *is*) stupid, but:
isn't that one of the things you can find out *through* therapy - not *before* therapy???
:confused:

if you find a good therapist, he or she can help you figure out *which* of your behaviors/thoughts represent *what*, and then you'll be able to understand that/how you can replace those behaviors/thoughts with constructive/healing behaviors/thoughts...

oh, i don't know...
i guess i'm *hoping* therapy works this way, because *i* would really like some help with these issues, too...
:(

Draga
08-14-04, 05:22 AM
Don't get me wrong, I do have a shrink that prescribes me meds and I do see him every 2 months but every 2 months is too long....until I can afford 2 go every month nd get better meds I want to find some other sources in between....which I do believe is what is part of the Judges terms for my SSI Benifits...

Well, I hope he like the ADD forums as a good resource of therapy, maybe there are no docs here....but even, everyone shares just about everyone's woes here and we all help each other....best dang support a person like me could ask for,...as for the social aspect...I have few ideas on where to go...If i know b4 hand I COULD deal with them 1 by 1 & step by step if not by counseling but on my own time here....and heh..I can't work so my own time is the one thing I have enough of.

mctavish23
08-14-04, 01:01 PM
Melly,

I always enjoy your insights.:)

Draga
08-14-04, 11:54 PM
Thank You, mctavish.....hugs and Smoochies!