View Full Version : Applying for work and the stress of Noise.

danielj
02-22-11, 05:10 PM
I need some help here...

I was at an employment agency today trying to fill out my application for work and there was only 5-6 people there, but they where all talking. So, here I am applying for a job, trying to tune them out, and in the process it turned into a jumbled mush.

I was now trying to do an assessment, tune out people (which I could not tune out and it was getting worse), and trying not to let my head explode. I was so frustrated and mad that I almost walked out.

Can anyone give me any suggestions? Thanks!

danelady
02-26-11, 09:59 AM
Oh man,ya think they'd try to keep the place a little more quiet. I would have had to leave before I exploded too. I see this was a few days ago,did you ever get your work done?

If you are someplace and are expected to concentrate on something you are given to do ask and can't because of too many distractions,I'd say ask if there is a quieter place you can go to or sit in your vehicle,if you have one.

daveddd
02-26-11, 10:00 AM
ear plugs

danielj
02-26-11, 02:42 PM
Shoulda gone with the sitting in the vehicle part, because it would have been the only quiet place LOL. Ear plugs just don't work well for me...

loverainbow
12-30-15, 04:32 PM
I didn't took one job offer because the office was too "open-space" and loud. How's that for the burden of add and noise sensitivity. Those noise suffocate me. I often seek refuge in the bathroom. Those 5 mins keep me sane. Why everyone talks so much? Moves so much? It's like a war zone ��