View Full Version : Help locating Desoxyn dispensing pharmacy in So Cal

ARBOC
02-24-11, 09:52 PM
Long time reader, first time poster.....

Basics: I live in So Cal (OC), 34 y/o male, ADHD diagnosed and treated last 2 years, completed "step therapies" (ritalin, adderall, dexadrine, several non stims, etc.) and currently on Adderall IR 20mg x 3 daily. Aetna insurance.

Today my doc wrote me a script for the infamous Desoxyn 5mg x 2 daily. Forget trying to fill the script, I can't even find a place that will even order it. CVS, Walgreen's, Target, Walmart, Rite Aid.....NONE. Any help on a pharm that orders, stocks and dispenses this stuff somewhat local to me? This is ridiculous!

FYI, anything sent to me to solicit this stuff or info from me will be reported to Admins. I'm not a dealer, abuser or a connect so don't waste my time.

kayoss
02-25-11, 02:27 AM
In Los Angeles at least, the single solitary pharmacy that seems to always have Desoxyn is the Rite-Aid near Cedars Sinai Medical center. It is located on the corner of 3rd and Fairfax near West Hollywood. It took me over 50 phone calls to locate it, so I know how frustrating it can be!!!

drose
05-08-11, 09:24 AM
Were you able to find your medication? If so, how is your experience with it so far?
I am currently in my trial stages and I am having mixed results from the generic brand. I'm hoping that my insurance company will cover the brand name so I can give this medication a fair trial.

InFocus
05-09-11, 03:30 AM
I called Costco and they told me they would order it ... showing up with the written in hand, may be a different story...// and they quoted me $232.00 for #120. You don't have to be a member to use the pharmacy. Going tomorrow...

drose
05-11-11, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the response InFocus! I will definitely check my local Costco out. Do you know if that's the price for the brand name or generic?

Rise Against
06-16-11, 02:59 AM
Just got a Desoxyn prescription last week. My primary pharmacy had no problem ordering it. Brought the script in on Thursday and they got it in on Monday. When I picked it up, the pharmacist even said that "We got your medication in. It's methamphetamine and you should take one pill twice a day." It was clearly no big deal to her. But perhaps it's because she knows my family pretty well...

Anyway, the pharmacy is located in Orange County. More specifically, it is located in Irvine. Don't know if anyone is still searching, but post here (or PM) for its exact location. More people should have the privilege of trying this medication! :)

Because I just have to say, Desoxyn is a wonder-drug. Only been on it 3 days, but I have absolutely nothing to complain about, which I couldn't of said about the many other stimulants that I have previously tried. It's a shame that the negative stigma attached to methamphetamine abuse affects the drug's availability for people that could actually benefit from it. This should definitely be one of the first stimulants that is prescribed, not the last! :(

Dopamine
07-05-11, 04:10 AM
I just started Desoxyn last week. Brought in the script on Thursday, pharmacy had to order it of course, but it was ready for pickup the next morning. I use a family owned pharmacy in Santa Ana and I've never had any issues. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

The only snag was that my Dr. wrote the script for 120 tabs (10mg AM, 10mg afternoon) and since I am their only customer using this medication, the manager decided to only fill 100 since they must purchase in bottles of 100. They asked me to request my Dr. to write the script for a 25-day supply instead of 30. A minor nuisance, but perhaps only temporary until I decide if I plan to stick with this med or not.

Just switched from Adderall 30mg IR t.i.d. (90mg/day). So far, I haven't been able to determine if Desoxyn is effective. I don't feel any different after taking it, except for the absence of side effects that I was used to with Adderall (over-focusing, increased heart rate when wearing off, occasional anxiety). This is quite promising if it can also help control my symptoms...but still too early to tell.

Only downside is that I used to rely on that punch from the Adderall first thing in the morning to help get me out of bed. I had a lot of success with setting an "Adderall" alarm 1hr before I needed to be up, taking the 30mg IR, going back to sleep, and then waking up ready to go when my 2nd alarm went off. Eventually tolerance set in and I began sleeping through my alarms if I was tired. Eventually, I ended up taking my Adderall at night if I had trouble falling asleep. If I was tossing and turning, it would put me right to sleep as soon as it kicked in. With Desoxyn, i'm not even going to bother with the alarm strategy as there is no kick or feeling of any sort that I can detect. In the same way, I doubt it well help me fall asleep either. I guess i'll just have to be diligent with maintaining a proper sleep schedule. Not easy with ADD, but it can be done with some effort :)

Looking forward to a "proper" trial of Desoxyn to see if it works as well as many fellow forum members claim.

Cheers,

street
07-19-11, 11:36 PM
i've been on desoxyn for a few weeks now. i have tried both mylan and ovation and got them both from a pharm in tustin. i take around 20-30mg a day. it feels a lot more normal to than dex or addy.

however, if i ever want that extra kick to stay awake and crank out work, i'd still prefer the dex. actually i don't know - desoxyn is the ****.

Bpceod
08-12-16, 05:50 PM
Just got a Desoxyn prescription last week. My primary pharmacy had no problem ordering it. Brought the script in on Thursday and they got it in on Monday. When I picked it up, the pharmacist even said that "We got your medication in. It's methamphetamine and you should take one pill twice a day." It was clearly no big deal to her. But perhaps it's because she knows my family pretty well...

Anyway, the pharmacy is located in Orange County. More specifically, it is located in Irvine. Don't know if anyone is still searching, but post here (or PM) for its exact location. More people should have the privilege of trying this medication! :)

Because I just have to say, Desoxyn is a wonder-drug. Only been on it 3 days, but I have absolutely nothing to complain about, which I couldn't of said about the many other stimulants that I have previously tried. It's a shame that the negative stigma attached to methamphetamine abuse affects the drug's availability for people that could actually benefit from it. This should definitely be one of the first stimulants that is prescribed, not the last! :(

I know this post is super old but is there anyway you can tell what dr you use. I have gone to 5 in the last month and none will prescribe it. I am a veteran and desoxyn works so well for my PTSD. But the va stopped prescribing it. I really need my meds. I am begging for help on this one