View Full Version : A great tip for getting to sleep at night

stef
02-27-11, 05:03 PM
I read this in a newspaper here, one of those somehow annoying articles about getting through the winter etc. - but it had this great advice:

Use dim lighting in the bathroom when you get ready to go to bed at night - the bright light wakes you up and your body thinks it's morning!

I tried it, this really works. :)

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
02-27-11, 05:11 PM
Interesting!!!

It's funny cuz I either try to avoid the bathroom before bed or hate turning on the light. But in morning the light isn't bright enough.

Did they say anything about getting heat drunk, like a kitty by a heat vent, before going to bed?

Amtram
02-28-11, 09:40 AM
I've recently discovered that a two inch fabric headband is great for keeping the light from disturbing my sleep, and comfortable enough to ignore. The thing that makes it better than a sleep mask is that it's the same all around, so if it twists around on your head, your eyes are still covered. This really helps when other family members get up before I do, or when there's light outside when I want to be sleeping.

stef
02-28-11, 10:00 AM
ah yikes I can't stand anything on my face. In fact I sleep with clip in my hair.
Excellent idea, though!

Grasshoppaa
03-01-11, 04:20 AM
I have one of those light fixtures in my bathroom that has like ten bulbs in it, so I just unscrewed half the bulbs and voila! instant mood lighting.

tipoo
03-01-11, 09:48 AM
Yup, that really does help. Also if you use your computer after say 7-ish, use the free program f.lux which changes its colour temperature to mimic dawn.