View Full Version : Parents - Please Help with my Study!

KristonS
03-03-11, 12:23 PM
Dear parents,

My name is Kriston Schellinger and I am a graduate student in clinical psychology. I currently work with families with a child who has ADHD and I recognize the stress parents experience and the important role support plays in helping them cope with this stress. For my doctoral dissertation, I am interested in learning more about how parents use online groups to obtain support. I would like to invite all interested parents to complete a 20-30 minute survey to help me answer important questions about the benefits of online groups. To participate, you must: 1) be at least 18 years old, 2) be the parent of at least one child with ADHD, and 3) participate in at least one Internet support group or forum for parents of children with ADHD. All information you provide will be kept completely private and will not be shared with anyone in the group. I have obtained permission from a moderator to post this message.

By participating in this study, you will contribute to the knowledge base on Internet support groups which could provide important information to therapists and clinicians. In addition, learning more about the advantages of online support groups could benefit future parents who might be helped by these groups.

I know that your time is very valuable, and as a small token of my appreciation you will earn a $5 electronic gift card to Amazon.com or Kmart/Sears after you complete the survey. You must submit valid responses to earn the gift card. Please respond to this message or contact me at kschel2@luc.edu with any questions. You may copy this link into your browser to begin the survey: https://surveys.luc.edu/opinio6/s?s=26553

Thank you in advance for helping me with this important project!

Sincerely,
Kriston Schellinger
Doctoral Candidate, Loyola University Chicago

KristonS
03-20-11, 12:49 PM
Thank you to all parents who have already completed this survey! The survey will be closing on Friday, March 25. If you are interested in participating or if you have not yet finished responding to the survey, please complete the survey before March 25. Please remember that only one response is permitted per individual and you must submit valid responses to qualify for the gift card incentive.

Thank you for your time and participation!

KristonS
03-21-11, 11:16 PM
Due to a few individuals submitting numerous invalid responses over the last few hours, the survey has been closed early. However, if you are still interested in completing the survey, please send me a private message and I will send you a different link to the survey. I apologize for this inconvenience, and I thank everyone who has participated!