View Full Version : Need some advice. I need to tame my appetite ctxt

Canuck223
03-07-11, 10:03 AM
I'm morbidly obese, but have lost 55 pounds over the last 4+ months. I've done it by simply counting calories and sticking to a 2000 calorie daily budget. I'm shedding 8-12 pounds a month, and hope to continue until I'm down to a healthy BMI.

The problem has not been failing at my diet. I've stuck to it fairly well without depriving myself of the odd reward.

My problem is embarrasing, but due to the sudden drop in caloric intake and drop in the amount of fat I've been consuming, I went from taking a dump twice a day to maybe every second day. I found myself with what I thought were hemmroids.

I added fiber to my diet, and began drinking far more water, but the roids just became a constant issue.

It turns out, the problem isn't roids, but an anal fissure. So now my doctor has me on stool softeners to try and make sure I don't retear the damned thing while the special ointment hopefully heals it up.

My problem is the pain has gotten so bad that I'm missing work. I need to try and jump start the healing by reducing the volume passing on by.

I'm taking today and tomorrow off work, and trying to get by on just plain fried egg whites and water. I'm making damn sure to stay on my Adderall and boosters to tame my appetite.

Any tips or suggestions to keep me from sabotaging this effort? I know I can't continue this forever, but over the last week the pain has flaired up to unbearable, and I need to try and tame this. Next week I have to be 100% at work as I have a vital project to get done and I can't be chained to the toilet.

Kasechka
03-09-11, 07:29 AM
Ouchie. All I know is that the more I think about how I need to control what I eat, the more I want to eat. So staying home might be making it particularly hard. If you have to be at home for, uh, logistical reasons, can you at least get engrossed in your work project to get your mind off of it?

good luck!

Canuck223
03-09-11, 09:59 AM
Well so far so good. I've gone two days now on just egg white omlettes with just a sprinkling of tex-mex shredded cheese, a bowl of Jello, and a bag of grapes. I'm not the most energetic cat on the block, but so far it's working.