View Full Version : The ADHD Collaborative Music Project

Trooper Keith
03-09-11, 12:37 PM
Okay, there are several of us who are musicians on these forums and who may have access to recording equipment. I propose that we collaborate on an album.

"How can we do that when we live all over the world?"

No problem. I wanted to cloudsource my school **** so I subscribed to Dropbox. Needless to say, I'm not using all 50GB. I'm already involved in collab projects with other artists, but I have plenty of space.

What we'll do is this: post in this thread what you'd like to contribute, and PM me your email address. I'll add you to the dropbox and send you access to the ADHD collab project folder.

We can use any talents you have to offer. For example, DTour is a digital musician, so he could lay out a sick drum beat and upload it. Then I might take that beat and come up with chords to play over it and a melody for theremin. Then I'll upload that and someone else might take it and add bass or synths or keys. Then DTour might take all the files and master them.

The best way to do this is to record your track separately so that we can mix and level it separately.

If you're not familiar with recording, I can help you get set up in this thread. Proper recording equipment is preferred though, because sound quality from things like webcam mics is pretty abysmal. That said, that can be cleaned up, so anyone is welcome to contribute.

If enough people have webcams and want to, we can also try to compile a music video montage of us playing, I have video editing software and have done that kind of thing before, but that's for the future.

Okay guys, I'll start: I play guitar and theremin and can contribute both to the project. I also do digital music, but I suspect there are better digital musicians than I around so I'll only contribute that if we need something to work with.

Amtram
03-09-11, 09:24 PM
Love the idea! I think I could still dredge up some of my songwriting skills if you want lyrics and melody, and I love singing harmonies.

Trooper Keith
03-09-11, 10:14 PM
That would be awesome. You're in the band.