View Full Version : Lamictal and depression

Noki
03-12-11, 12:36 AM
My pdoc just started me on Lamictal two months ago and it is not going well. The first 4 weeks were fantastic but since feburary I've started to wake up feeling depressed.

I told my pdoc this but all he said to me was "it takes time to get used to a new med and since you're also on 3 other medications it's absolutlely normal to have ups and downs." and since I don't have any rash developing so far he increased my Pristiq to 100mg but this doesn't seem to be helping at all.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with Lamictal? Does the depression go away after a while? The maker of the drug is Taro btw if that matters.

meganjo
03-12-11, 01:52 AM
Self examining the thought of mind are very important. While in depression one tends to fall free towards the negative things. Keep telling your mind to stop the negativity during the imaginary or real time. Keep working on performing good things in life. It may take time and patience is also required but slowly and gradually negative vibes can be thrown out and positive thinking can be placed back in mind and thus can help overcome depression to a large extent.