View Full Version : rant,rant,rant,rant,rant,rant.......

hypergirl96
03-17-11, 12:05 AM
i hate school. it sucks. or at least the work does. i can never get it all done without staying up till like 2 in the morning. i really do hate school. school is everything that im not, or at least in school im supposed to be evyrthing that im not. i cant learn that way. it makes everything boring and miserable and ugh!! why is it all so ******* hard!!!

ok, end of rant. sorry u had to read this, just had to get it out somewhere. feeling a bit better now. ranting really does help.

eggyolkes
03-17-11, 12:19 AM
Hypergirl, trust me, I understand.

Difference between us? You have a realllyyy good work ethic, keep it up! I know hs is terribly hard, and honestly, there are points where you just want to quit. I promise, your hard work WILL pay off one day.

Have you talked to your parents about getting an official diagnosis (that is if you don't have one already) because you can receive accommodations that can help you!

It took me like 5 hours to finish a stupid assignment which should have taken me less than half of that. But, me being stupid stayed on facebook, was watching tv, and just no focusing at all. Haha, typical.

But... idk where I was going with that...

Oh, erm. Just keep up the good work and keep writing. Writing is always a good outlet =]

Pamplemousse
03-19-11, 10:51 PM
i hate school. it sucks. or at least the work does. i can never get it all done without staying up till like 2 in the morning. i really do hate school. school is everything that im not, or at least in school im supposed to be evyrthing that im not. i cant learn that way. it makes everything boring and miserable and ugh!! why is it all so ******* hard!!!

I know what you mean. And I agree with eggyolkes about maybe talking with your parents about getting an official diagnosis.

Up until this year (because I started meds) I did the same exact thing as you. I would start something and it would take me like a gazillion hours to finish it. I had no brain function left after I finished either. Well, at least it felt like it.

And I tried to get it all done, but over the years the work got harder and more of it was dumped onto us. My high intelligence allowed me to cope for a while, but I finally hit a wall and started failing multiple classes and was barely scraping by in others.

It starts a vicious cycle of not getting things done which leads to anger/frustration. Maybe you even get down on yourself or are disappointed in your efforts/skills. That leads to either you just giving up or trying harder. But when I tried harder sometimes I would fall harder, and things just got worse and worse to the point of meltdowns.

If you ever want help with schoolwork, you can ask teachers for help. I've found that to be a pretty good thing.

Also you can always PM me with anything about HS, since I'm going through it all as well. It's hard enough to be in high school and adjust to it, but when you add ADHD into it all it makes it like 100 times worse.

Anyways, hope you are doin' ok. :cool:

hypergirl96
03-27-11, 09:31 PM
thanks. :) just saw the posts. hehe :)

I have A's and B's in most subjects (dont ask how) and have C's in bio and geometry, my worst subjects. I'm going to the teachers and i found if i read oer the bio chapter (theyre like 20 pages. :eek: talk about child torture) like 6 times i can actually nderstand it and remember most of it! it was amazing! i think i might've actually gotten an A on that test. if i did, it will be my 2nd ever! woo hoo!

but geometry's a different story. i go for help and all i get is a bunch of crap cause, even though my teacher's a nice lady and all, i can't grasp some of it, cant remember some of it, and cant pay attention for the rest. i didnt even get halfway through my algebra placement test because of how bad my mental math is. half way! and im supposed to be in smart school! sometimes, i dont know what to do. :(

Offle
03-27-11, 09:44 PM
but geometry's a different story. i go for help and all i get is a bunch of crap cause, even though my teacher's a nice lady and all, i can't grasp some of it, cant remember some of it, and cant pay attention for the rest. i didnt even get halfway through my algebra placement test because of how bad my mental math is. half way! and im supposed to be in smart school! sometimes, i dont know what to do. :(

It's not your fault, geometry just sucks icy balls. The only thing that stupid class ever did for me was give me time to improve my doodling technique and give me time to learn how to write backwards in cursive. It also made me hate the word proof.

The only reason passed that class was because the kid sitting next to me was a super genius who had a thing for tall blondes.

hypergirl96
03-27-11, 09:54 PM
It's not your fault, geometry just sucks icy balls. The only thing that stupid class ever did for me was give me time to improve my doodling technique and give me time to learn how to write backwards in cursive. It also made me hate the word proof.

OMG! i just peed in my pants! :D

i dodle 24/7 in that class and shes the one teacher who if was told i had ADHD would be the most likely to go "OMG, you're right!" either that or shell still just think im a slacker :p

i dont write backwards in cursive, but ive become significantly more ambidextrouse, in this class and in naval science. i sit next to a girl who suspects she might have adhd (its suprising what you overhear when you have long antennas like mine) and all we do is draw and doodle in my note book and my oblivious NSI doesnt notice a thing. *sigh* teachers. :rolleyes:

and the word proof has a special place in my heart right below tests, cleaning, and all things girly.

Offle
03-27-11, 10:03 PM
i dont write backwards in cursive, but ive become significantly more ambidextrouse, in this class and in naval science. i sit next to a girl who suspects she might have adhd (its suprising what you overhear when you have long antennas like mine) and all we do is draw and doodle in my note book and my oblivious NSI doesnt notice a thing. *sigh* teachers. :rolleyes:

One of my best friends and I sat next to each other in chemistry and we did nothing but have doodle battles the entire year (which I won). The teacher noticed but she ignored us because we were both doing well in the class although I have no idea how because I've checked my note book for that class and all I had in it were pictures of Boba Fett fighting Rambo or an octopus eating my lab partners face.

I never told any of my teachers in HS I was ADHD. A few suspected because I was such a space cadet, but I was nearly a straight A student (I hate math sooo much) so they just let it go. The only teacher to ever ask me was my art teacher and that's because I had him at the very end of the day when my meds had worn off so I would either be really spacey or bouncing off the walls in his class. He never minded though. He was an awesome teacher who pretty much let us do what ever as long as we got our work done. I would go chill out in his class when didn't feel like going to some of my others. He played loud music, told hilarious stories, told dirty jokes, used stupid country phrases, and would poke me in the sides because he thought it was hilarious to watch be jump and yelp in surprise. He never held me to the dead lines, and because I had had him all three years of high school I had done every project he had so he would let me draw whatever I wanted to draw instead of the project. He is one of my all time favorite teachers. He's tied with my senior english teacher/Oral communications teacher.

hypergirl96
03-27-11, 10:08 PM
One of my best friends and I sat next to each other in chemistry and we did nothing but have doodle battles the entire year (which I won). The teacher noticed but she ignored us because we were both doing well in the class although I have no idea how because I've checked my note book for that class and all I had in it were pictures of Boba Fett fighting Rambo or an octopus eating my lab partners face.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sounds totally awesome!!!!